Nov 19, 2012, 9:34 PM EST
It’s relatively promising that the NHL and NHLPA met Monday and expect to meet Tuesday, but NHL exec Bill Daly’s simple statement to The Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston said a lot.
“I’m frustrated,” Daly said.
In (potentially) more productive news, Johnston reports that the NHL asked the players for a formal proposal on Tuesday, going as far to say that the league doesn’t feel like they’ve seen a full one.
Daly provided a little more insight to NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
“We think it’s all tied together and we’d like to hear it all together,” Daly said. “If their proposal continues to be a guaranteed amount of players’ share dollars we have told them that sitting here on Nov. 19, that’s not a proposal that is acceptable to us or would ever be acceptable to our owners right now.”
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos wonders if the sides will even meet tomorrow after taking everything under consideration.
Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) November 20, 2012
If these reactions – and all the possible cancellations – are any indication, Nov. 20 could be a key day.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are bad at the shootout, and the Buffalo Sabres are good at it.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 28, 2015, 1:51 PM EST
An incident against Philly on Jan. 19 was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:39 PM EST
Chris Stewart remains a member of the worst team in the NHL.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:39 PM EST
“We’re not giving up on him at all.”
Jan 28, 2015, 1:16 PM EST
Someone check the water in Columbus.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:11 PM EST
“That was a team with tremendous character, with great coaches, great players and quality individuals. “
Jan 28, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
Habs’ d-man was tossed from Tuesday night’s game.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:52 AM EST
“It shouldn’t be a part of hockey,” said Canucks captain Henrik Sedin.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:51 AM EST
Could be bad news. Could be good. All depends who you cheer for.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Boston d-man has struggled this season, but could be on the move by Mar. 2.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
Los Angeles is currently out of the West’s top eight.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:16 AM EST
“Show up to your job, and you’re off suspension.”
Jan 28, 2015, 11:08 AM EST
Jim Rutherford, really working the phones.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:36 AM EST
“I got nothing left here.”
Jan 28, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
Both teams played last night.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:46 AM EST
Wednesday’s links lean toward a legend.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:45 AM EST
Vancouver has now been shutout in back-to-back home games.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:00 AM EST
Pittsburgh was without Crosby and Malkin.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
He’s going to need some dental work.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)