Nov 19, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
It’s relatively promising that the NHL and NHLPA met Monday and expect to meet Tuesday, but NHL exec Bill Daly’s simple statement to The Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston said a lot.
“I’m frustrated,” Daly said.
In (potentially) more productive news, Johnston reports that the NHL asked the players for a formal proposal on Tuesday, going as far to say that the league doesn’t feel like they’ve seen a full one.
Daly provided a little more insight to NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
“We think it’s all tied together and we’d like to hear it all together,” Daly said. “If their proposal continues to be a guaranteed amount of players’ share dollars we have told them that sitting here on Nov. 19, that’s not a proposal that is acceptable to us or would ever be acceptable to our owners right now.”
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos wonders if the sides will even meet tomorrow after taking everything under consideration.
Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) November 20, 2012
If these reactions – and all the possible cancellations – are any indication, Nov. 20 could be a key day.
May 4, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
“Prust has engaged himself in something that’s going to take him into an area where he doesn’t want to be part of.”
May 4, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
So says Bruce Boudreau.
May 4, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
Trevor Lewis put the Americans out to an early advantage.
May 4, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
Former Minnesota farmhand is on his way to Frolunda.
May 4, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Could play on Wednesday against Russia.
May 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Game 3 between the Rangers and Capitals is the lone game on the schedule.
May 4, 2015, 8:05 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 4, 2015, 1:04 AM EDT
The last team to open the playoffs with at least six straight wins was Pittsburgh in 2008.
May 4, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
He’ll be looking for the Wild to do better mentally at home.
May 3, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
There are three contests scheduled for Sunday.
May 3, 2015, 11:36 PM EDT
He seemed initially dazed, but stayed in the game.
May 3, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT
Chicago now has a 2-0 series lead.
May 3, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk had some bad luck on this one.
May 3, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
“He tries to play God. He tries to control the game and he did that tonight.”
May 3, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Prust and Bishop have a history.
May 3, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
The series will now return to Tampa Bay where the Lightning were 32-8-1 in the regular season.
May 3, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT
This might lead to Jonathan Drouin playing in Game 3.
May 3, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
How far can the Lightning go if he gets hot?
May 3, 2015, 7:14 PM EDT
Valtteri Filppula snuck one by Carey Price.
May 3, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
At one point 14 squads were believed to be interested in his services.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 32
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)