Nov 19, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
It’s relatively promising that the NHL and NHLPA met Monday and expect to meet Tuesday, but NHL exec Bill Daly’s simple statement to The Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston said a lot.
“I’m frustrated,” Daly said.
In (potentially) more productive news, Johnston reports that the NHL asked the players for a formal proposal on Tuesday, going as far to say that the league doesn’t feel like they’ve seen a full one.
Daly provided a little more insight to NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
“We think it’s all tied together and we’d like to hear it all together,” Daly said. “If their proposal continues to be a guaranteed amount of players’ share dollars we have told them that sitting here on Nov. 19, that’s not a proposal that is acceptable to us or would ever be acceptable to our owners right now.”
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos wonders if the sides will even meet tomorrow after taking everything under consideration.
Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) November 20, 2012
If these reactions – and all the possible cancellations – are any indication, Nov. 20 could be a key day.
May 22, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
All three of their teams are still in the running for the Stanley Cup.
May 22, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
San Jose has been linked to several high profile coaches.
May 22, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
He was credited with turning around the Red Wings’ power play.
May 22, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
Will New York be able to contain Tampa Bay this time around?
May 22, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
“No one wants to back up. Everyone wants to play.”
May 22, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
Not only did the Ducks block 27 shots last night, they clogged up the neutral zone too.
May 22, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Can’t imagine Teuvo Teravainen was, either.
May 22, 2015, 2:24 PM EDT
Canucks GM witnessed the goalie get a shutout in the AHL playoffs.
May 22, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Coach Q: “He’ll need a few days out here. We’ll get an evaluation and go from there.”
May 22, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Son of ex-NHLer Brian is off to Boston University next year.
May 22, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
“It’s been real special, to say the least.”
May 22, 2015, 12:47 PM EDT
The third ‘tender taken at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft had a rough first pro season in North America.
May 22, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Finnish forward joined the organization last year after solid production in the SM-liiga.
May 22, 2015, 12:21 PM EDT
That’s him, with Vladimir Putin.
May 22, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
No word on who’ll draw in as a replacement.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 AM EDT
No word yet if he’ll be able to play right away.
May 22, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
We really need to get these combos better nicknames, though.
May 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The Rangers need The King to play like one tonight.
May 22, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
He also reiterates that the salary cap will be about $71M.
May 22, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
Almost always a good way to go.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)