Nov 19, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA’s Monday meeting is kicking off around 7 pm ET, various sources report.
The bad news is that the players aren’t expected to present a new proposal, according to Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press. Instead, Johnston reports that they hope to talk about economics and contracting issues.
There’s no word on how long the meeting is expected to run. (TSN’s Darren Dreger believes a short meeting would be a bad sign, though.)
Despite those low expectations, it sounds like the turnout will be solid.
The NHLPA notes that these 18 players are involved: Craig Adams, David Backes, Eric Brewer, Ryan Callahan, Dan Cleary, Mathieu Darche, Marian Gaborik, Josh Gorges, Ron Hainsey, Jeff Halpern, Shawn Horcoff, Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald, Brooks Orpik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Martin St. Louis and Dan Winnik.
Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Bob Batterman, Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonsis, Murray Edwards and Brian Burke will be in attendance on the owners’ side, according to Minnesota Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Stay tuned for more, whether the talks are lengthy or short.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 7
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13