Nov 19, 2012, 7:04 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA’s Monday meeting is kicking off around 7 pm ET, various sources report.
The bad news is that the players aren’t expected to present a new proposal, according to Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press. Instead, Johnston reports that they hope to talk about economics and contracting issues.
There’s no word on how long the meeting is expected to run. (TSN’s Darren Dreger believes a short meeting would be a bad sign, though.)
Despite those low expectations, it sounds like the turnout will be solid.
The NHLPA notes that these 18 players are involved: Craig Adams, David Backes, Eric Brewer, Ryan Callahan, Dan Cleary, Mathieu Darche, Marian Gaborik, Josh Gorges, Ron Hainsey, Jeff Halpern, Shawn Horcoff, Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald, Brooks Orpik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Martin St. Louis and Dan Winnik.
Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Bob Batterman, Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonsis, Murray Edwards and Brian Burke will be in attendance on the owners’ side, according to Minnesota Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Stay tuned for more, whether the talks are lengthy or short.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)