Nov 19, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA’s Monday meeting is kicking off around 7 pm ET, various sources report.
The bad news is that the players aren’t expected to present a new proposal, according to Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press. Instead, Johnston reports that they hope to talk about economics and contracting issues.
There’s no word on how long the meeting is expected to run. (TSN’s Darren Dreger believes a short meeting would be a bad sign, though.)
Despite those low expectations, it sounds like the turnout will be solid.
The NHLPA notes that these 18 players are involved: Craig Adams, David Backes, Eric Brewer, Ryan Callahan, Dan Cleary, Mathieu Darche, Marian Gaborik, Josh Gorges, Ron Hainsey, Jeff Halpern, Shawn Horcoff, Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald, Brooks Orpik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Martin St. Louis and Dan Winnik.
Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Bob Batterman, Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonsis, Murray Edwards and Brian Burke will be in attendance on the owners’ side, according to Minnesota Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Stay tuned for more, whether the talks are lengthy or short.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)