Nov 19, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA’s Monday meeting is kicking off around 7 pm ET, various sources report.
The bad news is that the players aren’t expected to present a new proposal, according to Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press. Instead, Johnston reports that they hope to talk about economics and contracting issues.
There’s no word on how long the meeting is expected to run. (TSN’s Darren Dreger believes a short meeting would be a bad sign, though.)
Despite those low expectations, it sounds like the turnout will be solid.
The NHLPA notes that these 18 players are involved: Craig Adams, David Backes, Eric Brewer, Ryan Callahan, Dan Cleary, Mathieu Darche, Marian Gaborik, Josh Gorges, Ron Hainsey, Jeff Halpern, Shawn Horcoff, Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald, Brooks Orpik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Martin St. Louis and Dan Winnik.
Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Bob Batterman, Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonsis, Murray Edwards and Brian Burke will be in attendance on the owners’ side, according to Minnesota Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Stay tuned for more, whether the talks are lengthy or short.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 7
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 47
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)