Nov 19, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA’s Monday meeting is kicking off around 7 pm ET, various sources report.
The bad news is that the players aren’t expected to present a new proposal, according to Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press. Instead, Johnston reports that they hope to talk about economics and contracting issues.
There’s no word on how long the meeting is expected to run. (TSN’s Darren Dreger believes a short meeting would be a bad sign, though.)
Despite those low expectations, it sounds like the turnout will be solid.
The NHLPA notes that these 18 players are involved: Craig Adams, David Backes, Eric Brewer, Ryan Callahan, Dan Cleary, Mathieu Darche, Marian Gaborik, Josh Gorges, Ron Hainsey, Jeff Halpern, Shawn Horcoff, Vincent Lecavalier, Andy McDonald, Brooks Orpik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Martin St. Louis and Dan Winnik.
Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Bob Batterman, Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonsis, Murray Edwards and Brian Burke will be in attendance on the owners’ side, according to Minnesota Star Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Stay tuned for more, whether the talks are lengthy or short.
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 1
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 33
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 67
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte