Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 PM EST
We already knew the NHL and NHLPA were getting back to the bargaining table later today in New York, but we still don’t know what will be discussed.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, at least one GM is expected to attend the CBA meetings, along with the “Big Four” (Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr and Steve Fehr) and players.
It hasn’t been reported which GM(s) will attend or why. Perhaps it’s simply a matter of introducing a fresh voice (or voices) to the process. A GM could also speak knowledgeably on the player contracting issues that continue to divide the league and union.
Doug MacLean says Steve Yzerman and/or Joe Nieuwendyk will sit in on meeting today in New York.—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) November 19, 2012
Steve Yzerman says he will not be involved in todays CBA talks.PA meets internally in roughly an hour. Full mtng will take place after that.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 19, 2012
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)