Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 PM EST
We already knew the NHL and NHLPA were getting back to the bargaining table later today in New York, but we still don’t know what will be discussed.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, at least one GM is expected to attend the CBA meetings, along with the “Big Four” (Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr and Steve Fehr) and players.
It hasn’t been reported which GM(s) will attend or why. Perhaps it’s simply a matter of introducing a fresh voice (or voices) to the process. A GM could also speak knowledgeably on the player contracting issues that continue to divide the league and union.
Doug MacLean says Steve Yzerman and/or Joe Nieuwendyk will sit in on meeting today in New York.—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) November 19, 2012
Steve Yzerman says he will not be involved in todays CBA talks.PA meets internally in roughly an hour. Full mtng will take place after that.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 19, 2012
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 3
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 32
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)