Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
We already knew the NHL and NHLPA were getting back to the bargaining table later today in New York, but we still don’t know what will be discussed.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, at least one GM is expected to attend the CBA meetings, along with the “Big Four” (Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr and Steve Fehr) and players.
It hasn’t been reported which GM(s) will attend or why. Perhaps it’s simply a matter of introducing a fresh voice (or voices) to the process. A GM could also speak knowledgeably on the player contracting issues that continue to divide the league and union.
Doug MacLean says Steve Yzerman and/or Joe Nieuwendyk will sit in on meeting today in New York.—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) November 19, 2012
Steve Yzerman says he will not be involved in todays CBA talks.PA meets internally in roughly an hour. Full mtng will take place after that.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 19, 2012
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)