Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
We already knew the NHL and NHLPA were getting back to the bargaining table later today in New York, but we still don’t know what will be discussed.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, at least one GM is expected to attend the CBA meetings, along with the “Big Four” (Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr and Steve Fehr) and players.
It hasn’t been reported which GM(s) will attend or why. Perhaps it’s simply a matter of introducing a fresh voice (or voices) to the process. A GM could also speak knowledgeably on the player contracting issues that continue to divide the league and union.
Doug MacLean says Steve Yzerman and/or Joe Nieuwendyk will sit in on meeting today in New York.—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) November 19, 2012
Steve Yzerman says he will not be involved in todays CBA talks.PA meets internally in roughly an hour. Full mtng will take place after that.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 19, 2012
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)