Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 PM EST
We already knew the NHL and NHLPA were getting back to the bargaining table later today in New York, but we still don’t know what will be discussed.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, at least one GM is expected to attend the CBA meetings, along with the “Big Four” (Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr and Steve Fehr) and players.
It hasn’t been reported which GM(s) will attend or why. Perhaps it’s simply a matter of introducing a fresh voice (or voices) to the process. A GM could also speak knowledgeably on the player contracting issues that continue to divide the league and union.
Doug MacLean says Steve Yzerman and/or Joe Nieuwendyk will sit in on meeting today in New York.—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) November 19, 2012
Steve Yzerman says he will not be involved in todays CBA talks.PA meets internally in roughly an hour. Full mtng will take place after that.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) November 19, 2012
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 17
- Report: Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 9
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 31
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)