Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg is changing things up a bit while abroad during the lockout.
While he had been playing for Frolunda in the Swedish Elite League, according to reporter Andrey Osadchenko, he’ll be headed to Russia and the KHL next. There he’ll team up with Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin as well as former NHL’ers Nikolay Zherdev and Sandis Ozolinsh with Atlant Moscow.
In ten games with Frolunda, Stalberg had six goals and five assists. By joining Atlant, they’ll be hoping he can spark their offense as well as they’ve struggled so far this season.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)