Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg is changing things up a bit while abroad during the lockout.
While he had been playing for Frolunda in the Swedish Elite League, according to reporter Andrey Osadchenko, he’ll be headed to Russia and the KHL next. There he’ll team up with Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin as well as former NHL’ers Nikolay Zherdev and Sandis Ozolinsh with Atlant Moscow.
In ten games with Frolunda, Stalberg had six goals and five assists. By joining Atlant, they’ll be hoping he can spark their offense as well as they’ve struggled so far this season.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15