Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Blackhawks forward Viktor Stalberg is changing things up a bit while abroad during the lockout.
While he had been playing for Frolunda in the Swedish Elite League, according to reporter Andrey Osadchenko, he’ll be headed to Russia and the KHL next. There he’ll team up with Blue Jackets defenseman Fedor Tyutin as well as former NHL’ers Nikolay Zherdev and Sandis Ozolinsh with Atlant Moscow.
In ten games with Frolunda, Stalberg had six goals and five assists. By joining Atlant, they’ll be hoping he can spark their offense as well as they’ve struggled so far this season.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)