Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 PM EST
Something we’ve learned through past labor negotiations is that often times you won’t see the game’s biggest stars say or do much while things get figured out. From what we’ve seen and heard from Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby, that hasn’t been the case.
As he tells Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, he’s still trying to figure out where everyone’s head is at through all this.
“It’s been tough because you have to try and understand both sides, but on top of that I’m a player,” Crosby said. “Being all these things combined, and I’m a fan too, you have to try and weigh all that.
“I’ve really tried to understand everyone’s position. That’s why, after doing that, it’s been pretty frustrating — because I really believe this could have been an easier process.”
Seeing Crosby being more active with the players’ union is a good thing as he’s always going to be front and center with the game when it’s being played. He should have a hand in how things are figured out off the ice as well.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)