Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Something we’ve learned through past labor negotiations is that often times you won’t see the game’s biggest stars say or do much while things get figured out. From what we’ve seen and heard from Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby, that hasn’t been the case.
As he tells Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, he’s still trying to figure out where everyone’s head is at through all this.
“It’s been tough because you have to try and understand both sides, but on top of that I’m a player,” Crosby said. “Being all these things combined, and I’m a fan too, you have to try and weigh all that.
“I’ve really tried to understand everyone’s position. That’s why, after doing that, it’s been pretty frustrating — because I really believe this could have been an easier process.”
Seeing Crosby being more active with the players’ union is a good thing as he’s always going to be front and center with the game when it’s being played. He should have a hand in how things are figured out off the ice as well.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)