Nov 18, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT
The two players said they’re not feeling positive about how talks are progressing and worry there won’t be a season to be played this year. Jokinen was blunt in his take (courtesy of Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com) to Finnish site Jatkoaika.
“I have a feeling that the season won’t be played. But from the bottom of my heart I hope I’m wrong.”
Selanne, whose career might end because of the lockout, was equally pessimistic when speaking with MTV3 in Finland.
“It doesn’t look good – especially with the idea of no more talks for two weeks,” Selanne said. “I thought this would be a couple of months but now the owners have been very strict. It’s almost a take it or leave it kind of deal.”
“I trained hard and everything’s set, disappointing if no season. Will then have to re-evaluate whether I want to play somewhere else or am done.”
Well that’s depressing talk from a pair of the game’s best Finnish players. Here’s to hoping Monday’s talks yield optimism that we’ll see hockey played this season.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)