Nov 17, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If nothing else, Theo Peckham‘s tenure with the ECHL San Francisco Bulls was brief. Peckham reportedly requested to be allowed to leave the team and his wish was granted, based on a report from 630 CHED’s Dan Tencer.
Peckham ended up playing in four games with San Francisco. He had no points, a minus-two rating, and 11 penalty minutes.
When he originally decided to join the Bulls, Peckham predicted that he’d be losing money after factoring in his insurance costs, but he wanted to prepare for the possibility of a shortened 2012-13 campaign.
“This is a huge year for me, and I want to make sure I’m ready to go when [the NHL] starts again,” Peckham said at the time.
Peckham was limited to just 54 games last season due to concussion issues and is scheduled to be a restricted free agent this summer. Before the lockout, Peckham was projected to make $1,075,000 with the Edmonton Oilers in 2012-13.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)