Nov 17, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If nothing else, Theo Peckham‘s tenure with the ECHL San Francisco Bulls was brief. Peckham reportedly requested to be allowed to leave the team and his wish was granted, based on a report from 630 CHED’s Dan Tencer.
Peckham ended up playing in four games with San Francisco. He had no points, a minus-two rating, and 11 penalty minutes.
When he originally decided to join the Bulls, Peckham predicted that he’d be losing money after factoring in his insurance costs, but he wanted to prepare for the possibility of a shortened 2012-13 campaign.
“This is a huge year for me, and I want to make sure I’m ready to go when [the NHL] starts again,” Peckham said at the time.
Peckham was limited to just 54 games last season due to concussion issues and is scheduled to be a restricted free agent this summer. Before the lockout, Peckham was projected to make $1,075,000 with the Edmonton Oilers in 2012-13.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 10
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 64
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL