Nov 17, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If nothing else, Theo Peckham‘s tenure with the ECHL San Francisco Bulls was brief. Peckham reportedly requested to be allowed to leave the team and his wish was granted, based on a report from 630 CHED’s Dan Tencer.
Peckham ended up playing in four games with San Francisco. He had no points, a minus-two rating, and 11 penalty minutes.
When he originally decided to join the Bulls, Peckham predicted that he’d be losing money after factoring in his insurance costs, but he wanted to prepare for the possibility of a shortened 2012-13 campaign.
“This is a huge year for me, and I want to make sure I’m ready to go when [the NHL] starts again,” Peckham said at the time.
Peckham was limited to just 54 games last season due to concussion issues and is scheduled to be a restricted free agent this summer. Before the lockout, Peckham was projected to make $1,075,000 with the Edmonton Oilers in 2012-13.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)