Nov 17, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
Claude Giroux hurt his neck playing for Eisbaren Berlin in Germany on Friday, but CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was told it’s not serious.
The timeline for his return to action is a bit fuzzy at this point, yet the talented forward indicates that it’s not a significant injury.
In fact, Giroux could be back to practice as soon as Tuesday, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Perhaps things might change with further evaluation, but so far, it looks like Flyers fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)