Nov 17, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Claude Giroux hurt his neck playing for Eisbaren Berlin in Germany on Friday, but CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was told it’s not serious.
The timeline for his return to action is a bit fuzzy at this point, yet the talented forward indicates that it’s not a significant injury.
In fact, Giroux could be back to practice as soon as Tuesday, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Perhaps things might change with further evaluation, but so far, it looks like Flyers fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21