Nov 17, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Claude Giroux hurt his neck playing for Eisbaren Berlin in Germany on Friday, but CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was told it’s not serious.
The timeline for his return to action is a bit fuzzy at this point, yet the talented forward indicates that it’s not a significant injury.
In fact, Giroux could be back to practice as soon as Tuesday, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Perhaps things might change with further evaluation, but so far, it looks like Flyers fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54