Nov 17, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Claude Giroux hurt his neck playing for Eisbaren Berlin in Germany on Friday, but CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was told it’s not serious.
The timeline for his return to action is a bit fuzzy at this point, yet the talented forward indicates that it’s not a significant injury.
In fact, Giroux could be back to practice as soon as Tuesday, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Perhaps things might change with further evaluation, but so far, it looks like Flyers fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)