Nov 17, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Claude Giroux hurt his neck playing for Eisbaren Berlin in Germany on Friday, but CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren was told it’s not serious.
The timeline for his return to action is a bit fuzzy at this point, yet the talented forward indicates that it’s not a significant injury.
In fact, Giroux could be back to practice as soon as Tuesday, according to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
Perhaps things might change with further evaluation, but so far, it looks like Flyers fans can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2