Nov 17, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
If the NHL season started as planned, Matt Frattin would have missed training camp while he recovered from the knee surgery he had in June.
Still, he probably would have played for the Toronto Maple Leafs after he recovered, given that this was supposed to be his first season under a one-way contract. Frattin earned that deal after recording 15 points in 56 games with the Maple Leafs last season and excelling with the AHL Toronto Marlies, particularly during their 2012 playoff run.
Frattin has recovered from his knee injury and, like Taylor Hall, was eligible to sign to an AHL contract.
As the Toronto Marlies reported, Frattin did just that and scored twice in his 2012-13 debut Friday night. The Marlies still suffered a 6-3 loss to the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Frattin is one of the Maple Leafs’ better prospects and should get decent minutes when the lockout ends.
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 1
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 21
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 85
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (86)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months