Nov 17, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
Earlier today, a Philadelphia Daily News report suggested that Flyers owner Ed Snider has emerged as key figure in a significant attitude change among the NHL’s Board of Governors.
Snider is reportedly pushing to bring an end to the ongoing lockout, and has reportedly proposed that a mediator be brought in.
Snider has since distanced himself from the report.
“An article appearing in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is absolutely erroneous,” Snider said, according to Frank Seravalli, the author of the report in question. “I am a solid supporter of National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman and the League in this unfortunate situation.
“Like all fans, players, owners and League officials, I am extremely hopeful that an agreement can be reached and we can eventually be playing hockey again soon. League rules prevent me and all owners from making any comments on the labor negotiations. I will continue to honor that and not make any further comments.”
Seravalli still stands by his original story and the fact that Snider has issued a denial isn’t shocking.
That being said, it’s worth noting that TSN’s Darren Dreger was also told Snider “remains strongly in Bettman’s corner.”
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting to see if the CBA negotiations will resume next week like the NHLPA hopes.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)