Nov 17, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Earlier today, a Philadelphia Daily News report suggested that Flyers owner Ed Snider has emerged as key figure in a significant attitude change among the NHL’s Board of Governors.
Snider is reportedly pushing to bring an end to the ongoing lockout, and has reportedly proposed that a mediator be brought in.
Snider has since distanced himself from the report.
“An article appearing in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is absolutely erroneous,” Snider said, according to Frank Seravalli, the author of the report in question. “I am a solid supporter of National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman and the League in this unfortunate situation.
“Like all fans, players, owners and League officials, I am extremely hopeful that an agreement can be reached and we can eventually be playing hockey again soon. League rules prevent me and all owners from making any comments on the labor negotiations. I will continue to honor that and not make any further comments.”
Seravalli still stands by his original story and the fact that Snider has issued a denial isn’t shocking.
That being said, it’s worth noting that TSN’s Darren Dreger was also told Snider “remains strongly in Bettman’s corner.”
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting to see if the CBA negotiations will resume next week like the NHLPA hopes.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)