Nov 17, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
Earlier today, a Philadelphia Daily News report suggested that Flyers owner Ed Snider has emerged as key figure in a significant attitude change among the NHL’s Board of Governors.
Snider is reportedly pushing to bring an end to the ongoing lockout, and has reportedly proposed that a mediator be brought in.
Snider has since distanced himself from the report.
“An article appearing in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is absolutely erroneous,” Snider said, according to Frank Seravalli, the author of the report in question. “I am a solid supporter of National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman and the League in this unfortunate situation.
“Like all fans, players, owners and League officials, I am extremely hopeful that an agreement can be reached and we can eventually be playing hockey again soon. League rules prevent me and all owners from making any comments on the labor negotiations. I will continue to honor that and not make any further comments.”
Seravalli still stands by his original story and the fact that Snider has issued a denial isn’t shocking.
That being said, it’s worth noting that TSN’s Darren Dreger was also told Snider “remains strongly in Bettman’s corner.”
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting to see if the CBA negotiations will resume next week like the NHLPA hopes.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)