Nov 17, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Earlier today, a Philadelphia Daily News report suggested that Flyers owner Ed Snider has emerged as key figure in a significant attitude change among the NHL’s Board of Governors.
Snider is reportedly pushing to bring an end to the ongoing lockout, and has reportedly proposed that a mediator be brought in.
Snider has since distanced himself from the report.
“An article appearing in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is absolutely erroneous,” Snider said, according to Frank Seravalli, the author of the report in question. “I am a solid supporter of National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman and the League in this unfortunate situation.
“Like all fans, players, owners and League officials, I am extremely hopeful that an agreement can be reached and we can eventually be playing hockey again soon. League rules prevent me and all owners from making any comments on the labor negotiations. I will continue to honor that and not make any further comments.”
Seravalli still stands by his original story and the fact that Snider has issued a denial isn’t shocking.
That being said, it’s worth noting that TSN’s Darren Dreger was also told Snider “remains strongly in Bettman’s corner.”
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting to see if the CBA negotiations will resume next week like the NHLPA hopes.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 66
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (66)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)