Nov 17, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Earlier today, a Philadelphia Daily News report suggested that Flyers owner Ed Snider has emerged as key figure in a significant attitude change among the NHL’s Board of Governors.
Snider is reportedly pushing to bring an end to the ongoing lockout, and has reportedly proposed that a mediator be brought in.
Snider has since distanced himself from the report.
“An article appearing in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is absolutely erroneous,” Snider said, according to Frank Seravalli, the author of the report in question. “I am a solid supporter of National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman and the League in this unfortunate situation.
“Like all fans, players, owners and League officials, I am extremely hopeful that an agreement can be reached and we can eventually be playing hockey again soon. League rules prevent me and all owners from making any comments on the labor negotiations. I will continue to honor that and not make any further comments.”
Seravalli still stands by his original story and the fact that Snider has issued a denial isn’t shocking.
That being said, it’s worth noting that TSN’s Darren Dreger was also told Snider “remains strongly in Bettman’s corner.”
Meanwhile, we’re still waiting to see if the CBA negotiations will resume next week like the NHLPA hopes.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)