Nov 17, 2012, 7:22 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Murray will get an MRI some time in the 48 hours to determine the severity of the injury.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson shared his disappointment with the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
“That’s not good news,” Howson said. “His arm is in a sling, held tight to his body, and he’s in a lot of pain.”
Murray is a big part of the Blue Jackets’ future – many will remember that Howson rejected the hockey equivalent of the Ricky Williams trade to pick him second overall in this year’s draft – and has at least a shot to make an instant impact.
Portzline reports that Murray would get a look in training camp if a CBA agreement – and now his health – would permit it.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)