Nov 17, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Murray will get an MRI some time in the 48 hours to determine the severity of the injury.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson shared his disappointment with the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
“That’s not good news,” Howson said. “His arm is in a sling, held tight to his body, and he’s in a lot of pain.”
Murray is a big part of the Blue Jackets’ future – many will remember that Howson rejected the hockey equivalent of the Ricky Williams trade to pick him second overall in this year’s draft – and has at least a shot to make an instant impact.
Portzline reports that Murray would get a look in training camp if a CBA agreement – and now his health – would permit it.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)