Nov 17, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Murray will get an MRI some time in the 48 hours to determine the severity of the injury.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson shared his disappointment with the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
“That’s not good news,” Howson said. “His arm is in a sling, held tight to his body, and he’s in a lot of pain.”
Murray is a big part of the Blue Jackets’ future – many will remember that Howson rejected the hockey equivalent of the Ricky Williams trade to pick him second overall in this year’s draft – and has at least a shot to make an instant impact.
Portzline reports that Murray would get a look in training camp if a CBA agreement – and now his health – would permit it.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21