Nov 17, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Murray will get an MRI some time in the 48 hours to determine the severity of the injury.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson shared his disappointment with the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
“That’s not good news,” Howson said. “His arm is in a sling, held tight to his body, and he’s in a lot of pain.”
Murray is a big part of the Blue Jackets’ future – many will remember that Howson rejected the hockey equivalent of the Ricky Williams trade to pick him second overall in this year’s draft – and has at least a shot to make an instant impact.
Portzline reports that Murray would get a look in training camp if a CBA agreement – and now his health – would permit it.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)