Nov 17, 2012, 7:22 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Murray will get an MRI some time in the 48 hours to determine the severity of the injury.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson shared his disappointment with the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
“That’s not good news,” Howson said. “His arm is in a sling, held tight to his body, and he’s in a lot of pain.”
Murray is a big part of the Blue Jackets’ future – many will remember that Howson rejected the hockey equivalent of the Ricky Williams trade to pick him second overall in this year’s draft – and has at least a shot to make an instant impact.
Portzline reports that Murray would get a look in training camp if a CBA agreement – and now his health – would permit it.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)