Nov 17, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
B.J. Crombeen isn’t ready to join many of his fellow locked-out NHLers in Europe, but he has found a place to play closer to home. He’ll join the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears, according to the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson.
Crombeen was scheduled to earn $1,050,000 in 2012-13 before the lockout began. Tampa Bay acquired Crombeen from the St. Louis Blues in July, so the work stoppage has also delayed his Lightning debut.
Obviously, the ECHL is a big jump down from the NHL, but it won’t be an entirely new experience for Crombeen. He logged 22 regular season games and another 22 playoff contests with the ECHL Idaho Steelheads before he made his debut with the Dallas Stars in 2007-08.
Crombeen is expected to play for the Solar Bears tonight.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Bolts just needed a spark, he explained.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
There was no penalty on the play.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard had a shutout in the goaltending duel.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Can Dallas build on its late-game momentum?
Apr 18, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Game 3 will be played in Montreal.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Naturally, the Blackhawks-Blues triple-overtime game was very popular.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:51 PM EDT
Detroit was near the bottom of the pack in hits in the regular season.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
They took a 1-0 lead over Tampa Bay in the process.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
“We expected a tough series against (St. Louis).”
Apr 18, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
The rookie had three assists last night.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The last of the first round series is about to begin.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Montreal has a 1-0 series lead.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
This isn’t the first time he’s been fined.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
That’s a pretty bold statement, given that Nashville used to have blueliners like Kimmo Timonen and Ryan Suter.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Apparently, the “Coyotes, Ducks, Kings, and Sharks are on board” with relocating their minor-league affiliates closer to home.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
The year was 1957…
Apr 18, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
Unlike the last coach he had in Vancouver.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Devante Smith-Pelley will draw in.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
30-year-old vet led the league in scoring.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 34
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25