Nov 16, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
In news that’s both surprising and unsurprising, Jets forward Evander Kane has been cut loose by KHL club Dinamo Minsk.
The surprising part is that Dinamo,
the league’s top team (Ed note: can’t read standings properly) would severe ties with one its most ballyhooed lockout signings.
The lack of surprise is due to all the Kane-related drama since his arrival in late September.
Within days of joining Minsk, the 21-year-old was blasted by head coach Kari Heikkila for being out of shape and “not ready yet to play on KHL level.”
Two weeks later, Kane was suspended one game for checking Avangard Omsk defenseman Nikita Pivtaski in the head — which ended up being the most noteworthy thing he did in a Dinamo uniform.
Kane finished his brief KHL stint with one goal and no assists in 12 games played. He did manage to finish minus-8 and rack up 47 penalty minutes, mind you.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination