Nov 16, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
Tonight kicks off the bulk of NBCSN’s college hockey broadcast schedule and getting things started is a classic Ivy League rivalry from a legendary college hockey arena, Lynah Rink.
7:30 p.m. ET – No. 10 Cornell Big Red (3-2-1) vs. Harvard Crimson (3-2-0)
Cornell and Harvard are no strangers to each other in any sport. When it comes to hockey, the hate seems to burn a little hotter and run a little deeper though.
With the ECAC season virtually just getting started, the Big Red come into tonight’s game stumbling a bit, winless in their last three games including two losses in a row to Princeton and Quinnipiac. Harvard split their weekend series last week losing to Union but beating RPI. They too are a bit off losing two of their last three, but it’s early. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Players of NHL interest
Cornell: Sharks prospect Joakim Ryan is off to a hot start with six assists to lead the team in scoring. Meanwhile, Kings prospect Joel Lowry (pictured) is one of three Big Red players with three goals and an assist (undrafted John Esposito and Greg Miller are the others). Sophomore Brian Ferlin (Boston) is off to a slow start (just two assists), but he’s someone the Bruins are really high on.
Others to watch: Nick D’Agostino (Pittsburgh), John McCarron (Edmonton), Reece Wilcox (Philly)
Harvard: Freshman forward Jimmy Vesey (Nashville) is off to a torrid start with five goals and two assists while senior Alex Fallstrom (Boston) is there hooking up his teammates with a goal and three assists. Carolina defensive prospect Danny Biega (pictured) has just two assists to start the season, but he’s the guy to keep your eye on here.
Others to watch: Brian Hart (Tampa Bay), Colin Blackwell (San Jose), Patrick McNally (Vancouver), Max Everson (Toronto), Petr Placek (Philly)
(Photo: Rich Barnes/Icon SMI)
Jan 25, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
The bubble seems limited, at least.
Jan 25, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
He has more control over his chances in the All-Star Game itself.
Jan 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EST
Maybe we should ease up on the guy.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:50 AM EST
A rare opportunity sidetracked by his groin injury.
Jan 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
It sounds like he won’t face the same headaches as others who skipped the event.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:03 PM EST
See you all tomorrow.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:41 PM EST
Florida’s All-Star goalie never gave up on it.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:14 PM EST
Just 0.3 away from Zdeno Chara’s all-time record.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:09 PM EST
Jan 24, 2015, 8:34 PM EST
Team Foligno running away with this.
Jan 24, 2015, 8:21 PM EST
That’s an all-time screencap right there.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:55 PM EST
Team Foligno sweeps first competition.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:09 PM EST
Johnny Hockey gets the nod.
Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Has gone from forward to defense, back to forward and back to defense.
Jan 24, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
He’s ranked fourth in Central Scouting’s mid-term rankings.
Jan 24, 2015, 5:23 PM EST
Bragging rights on the line.
Jan 24, 2015, 5:21 PM EST
And what will the team look like?
Jan 24, 2015, 4:55 PM EST
It’s expected to be around $71.6 million to $72.2 million for the 2015-16 season.
Jan 24, 2015, 4:09 PM EST
Slovenia’s (and Los Angeles’) Anze Kopitar figures to play a prominent role.
Jan 24, 2015, 4:02 PM EST
Will fans care? Is it fair?
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)