Nov 16, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Tonight kicks off the bulk of NBCSN’s college hockey broadcast schedule and getting things started is a classic Ivy League rivalry from a legendary college hockey arena, Lynah Rink.
7:30 p.m. ET – No. 10 Cornell Big Red (3-2-1) vs. Harvard Crimson (3-2-0)
Cornell and Harvard are no strangers to each other in any sport. When it comes to hockey, the hate seems to burn a little hotter and run a little deeper though.
With the ECAC season virtually just getting started, the Big Red come into tonight’s game stumbling a bit, winless in their last three games including two losses in a row to Princeton and Quinnipiac. Harvard split their weekend series last week losing to Union but beating RPI. They too are a bit off losing two of their last three, but it’s early. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Players of NHL interest
Cornell: Sharks prospect Joakim Ryan is off to a hot start with six assists to lead the team in scoring. Meanwhile, Kings prospect Joel Lowry (pictured) is one of three Big Red players with three goals and an assist (undrafted John Esposito and Greg Miller are the others). Sophomore Brian Ferlin (Boston) is off to a slow start (just two assists), but he’s someone the Bruins are really high on.
Others to watch: Nick D’Agostino (Pittsburgh), John McCarron (Edmonton), Reece Wilcox (Philly)
Harvard: Freshman forward Jimmy Vesey (Nashville) is off to a torrid start with five goals and two assists while senior Alex Fallstrom (Boston) is there hooking up his teammates with a goal and three assists. Carolina defensive prospect Danny Biega (pictured) has just two assists to start the season, but he’s the guy to keep your eye on here.
Others to watch: Brian Hart (Tampa Bay), Colin Blackwell (San Jose), Patrick McNally (Vancouver), Max Everson (Toronto), Petr Placek (Philly)
(Photo: Rich Barnes/Icon SMI)
Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
He played in 502 games, primarily with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The 24-year-old gives agreed to an entry-level deal.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Will he live up to his next contract?
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
“It really wasn’t about Dainius himself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
His collection can be had for $5.7 million.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
The contest will air on Dec. 31 while the Classic itself is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET on Jan. 1.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Staying healthy would help, too.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
The Seal Beach Detention Center isn’t exactly Shawshank.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
“I relaxed down there and came back with the same attitude and everything kind of took care of itself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Veteran forward had just four goals and six assists in 74 games last season.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
“So hopefully it’s nothing that keeps coming back.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Can he give the Oilers the goaltending they so badly need?
Jul 29, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
The 26-year-old goalie is coming off a tough season.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Spent last season with Lugano in the Swiss League.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Y’know, everyday stuff.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Potentially a move to Switzerland, or the Czech League.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Returning him to Rochester for a third time.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:39 PM EDT
Washington d-man is expected to miss the next two weeks of offseason training.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)