Nov 16, 2012, 5:24 PM EST
Greg Jamison might not have to wait much longer to find out if the city of Glendale will go forward with the proposed arena deal that would help him purchase the Phoenix Coyotes, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
The people of Glendale recently agreed to a city sales-tax hike that would help the city pay Jamison’s group $300 million over 20 years to run and manage Jobing.com Arena.
The current plan is for the Glendale City Council to hear the details of the deal on Tuesday and then potentially hold a vote on Nov. 27.
The timing is important because the new mayor and council that will assume power in January might be less supportive of the agreement. Mayor-elect Jerry Weiers disagrees with the lease deal and recently warned the Coyotes that “Glendale is not your cash register.”
It’s worth noting that the arena deal would also ask for the Coyotes to pay Glendale $60,000 per regular season game missed as a result of work stoppages.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 23
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 38
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (38)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)