Nov 15, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
Former Bruins tough guy Stan Jonathan is in a bit of trouble.
Jonathan has been charged with criminal negligence causing a death after a hunting accident on a native reservation in Ontario.
The victim in the case, Peter Kosid, was struck by a shot allegedly fired by Jonathan while he was bow hunting, according to Sun Media. Jonathan was not in the same hunting party as Kosid and reportedly shot him from about 375 meters away (over 1,200 feet). Kosid was in hunting camouflage according to the report.
Jonathan played eight seasons in the NHL and accumulated 751 penalty minutes in that time with the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins (just 19 games there). Jonathan did also have two seasons with more than 20 goals as well as being a prolific fighter in the 1970s and 80s.
(Photo: Kahnawake News)
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 45
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal