Nov 14, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
As the lockout rolls on, more players are heading overseas and the latest to do so comes from Colorado.
Kevin Allen of USA Today reports Avalanche forward Paul Stastny is headed to the German league (DEL) to play for Munich. Stastny will be the fourth Avalanche player abroad joining Gabriel Landeskog and Matt Duchene who are in Sweden as well as Semyon Varlamov playing in the KHL.
In Munich, he’ll join up with Jets forward Blake Wheeler as well as former NHLer Blake Sloan. Munich is currently in 12th place in the DEL and could stand to use a bit more NHL help while the league stays locked out.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15