Nov 14, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
Herlev plays in the AL-Bank Ligaen, the top flight of Danish professional hockey — last month, the league scored its first locked-out NHLer when Ottawa forward Colin Greening agreed to join Aalborg.
Klein, 27, has spent his entire career with the Predators since being drafted 37th overall at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
After a breakout 2011-12 campaign that saw him post a career-high 21 points (and four in 10 playoff games), Nashville rewarded him with a five-year, $14.5 million extension, signed shortly before the CBA expired on Sept. 15.
While Klein averaged a healthy 20 minutes per game last year, that number should increase significantly as the Preds will need someone to pick up power play and penalty killing time (especially Suter’s, as he averaged 2:20 on the PK and 3:41 on the PP last year.)
Klein is now the sixth Predator to sign with another club during the lockout, joining Roman Josi (Switzerland), Pekka Rinne (KHL), Patric Hornqvist (Sweden), Craig Smith (Finland) and Sergei Kostitsyn (KHL).
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)