Nov 14, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Herlev plays in the AL-Bank Ligaen, the top flight of Danish professional hockey — last month, the league scored its first locked-out NHLer when Ottawa forward Colin Greening agreed to join Aalborg.
Klein, 27, has spent his entire career with the Predators since being drafted 37th overall at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
After a breakout 2011-12 campaign that saw him post a career-high 21 points (and four in 10 playoff games), Nashville rewarded him with a five-year, $14.5 million extension, signed shortly before the CBA expired on Sept. 15.
While Klein averaged a healthy 20 minutes per game last year, that number should increase significantly as the Preds will need someone to pick up power play and penalty killing time (especially Suter’s, as he averaged 2:20 on the PK and 3:41 on the PP last year.)
Klein is now the sixth Predator to sign with another club during the lockout, joining Roman Josi (Switzerland), Pekka Rinne (KHL), Patric Hornqvist (Sweden), Craig Smith (Finland) and Sergei Kostitsyn (KHL).
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 3
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 37
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)