Nov 14, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Herlev plays in the AL-Bank Ligaen, the top flight of Danish professional hockey — last month, the league scored its first locked-out NHLer when Ottawa forward Colin Greening agreed to join Aalborg.
Klein, 27, has spent his entire career with the Predators since being drafted 37th overall at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
After a breakout 2011-12 campaign that saw him post a career-high 21 points (and four in 10 playoff games), Nashville rewarded him with a five-year, $14.5 million extension, signed shortly before the CBA expired on Sept. 15.
While Klein averaged a healthy 20 minutes per game last year, that number should increase significantly as the Preds will need someone to pick up power play and penalty killing time (especially Suter’s, as he averaged 2:20 on the PK and 3:41 on the PP last year.)
Klein is now the sixth Predator to sign with another club during the lockout, joining Roman Josi (Switzerland), Pekka Rinne (KHL), Patric Hornqvist (Sweden), Craig Smith (Finland) and Sergei Kostitsyn (KHL).
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 1
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 19
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 43
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 75
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks