Nov 14, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Wednesday was a big day for Allsvenskan club Sodertajle.
Fowler’s agent, Pat Brisson, confirmed the move to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 20-year-old blueliner is a big get for the Swedish club. Fowler broke onto the scene in 2010-11, finishing second among all rookie defensemen in scoring with 40 points.
Last year, he appeared in a career-high 82 games while averaging over 23 minutes per contest, leading all Ducks defensemen in scoring (29 points.)
Those two seasons all but anointed him Anaheim’s defenseman of the future, something the club made official this offseason.
First, the Ducks shipped off Lubomir Visnovsky — previously their highest-paid blueliner — to the Islanders, then gave Fowler a five-year, $20 million extension just hours before the CBA expired on Sept. 15.
When Fowler’s extension kicks in for the 2013-14 season, he’ll become the richest rearguard on the team.
With Sodertajle, Fowler will play alongside Grossman (who inked a four-game deal) and Flyers forward Matt Read, who has been with the club since mid-October.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)