Nov 14, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Wednesday was a big day for Allsvenskan club Sodertajle.
Fowler’s agent, Pat Brisson, confirmed the move to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
The 20-year-old blueliner is a big get for the Swedish club. Fowler broke onto the scene in 2010-11, finishing second among all rookie defensemen in scoring with 40 points.
Last year, he appeared in a career-high 82 games while averaging over 23 minutes per contest, leading all Ducks defensemen in scoring (29 points.)
Those two seasons all but anointed him Anaheim’s defenseman of the future, something the club made official this offseason.
First, the Ducks shipped off Lubomir Visnovsky — previously their highest-paid blueliner — to the Islanders, then gave Fowler a five-year, $20 million extension just hours before the CBA expired on Sept. 15.
When Fowler’s extension kicks in for the 2013-14 season, he’ll become the richest rearguard on the team.
With Sodertajle, Fowler will play alongside Grossman (who inked a four-game deal) and Flyers forward Matt Read, who has been with the club since mid-October.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 29
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)