Nov 14, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Mark Recchi speaking his mind about the players needing to settle with the NHL now and take their most recent offer isn’t sitting well.
“I guess I would say it’s an uninformed answer, unless he’s now tied in with ownership somewhere or wants to get involved with ownership and trying to take that side,” said Phillips, the Senators player representative. “Unless you’re on the calls and know what’s going on all the time, I don’t know what those comments are based on. Because he’s not involved.”
First it was Recchi being criticized for his take on concussions and now this. Going from a doctor to a lawyer is rough.
For what it’s worth, Phillips has had an active role in CBA negotiations and he’s clearly protective over what the players are trying to do, but Recchi isn’t the only former player encouraging the current players to get a deal done ASAP.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 36
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)