Nov 14, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Mark Recchi speaking his mind about the players needing to settle with the NHL now and take their most recent offer isn’t sitting well.
“I guess I would say it’s an uninformed answer, unless he’s now tied in with ownership somewhere or wants to get involved with ownership and trying to take that side,” said Phillips, the Senators player representative. “Unless you’re on the calls and know what’s going on all the time, I don’t know what those comments are based on. Because he’s not involved.”
First it was Recchi being criticized for his take on concussions and now this. Going from a doctor to a lawyer is rough.
For what it’s worth, Phillips has had an active role in CBA negotiations and he’s clearly protective over what the players are trying to do, but Recchi isn’t the only former player encouraging the current players to get a deal done ASAP.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54