Nov 14, 2012, 10:15 PM EST
After coaching the Calgary Flames and New Jersey Devils, Brent Sutter is going back to his roots.
Sutter took over as the interim head coach of the Red Deer Rebels in the WHL after firing Jesse Wallin. As Adam Kimelman from NHL.com notes, it’s just Sutter taking over all of the positions of the team as he’s already the owner, president, and general manager of the team.
Sutter left his job as coach of the Flames after the team missed out on the playoffs in April to return to Red Deer. He once coached the Rebels to the Memorial Cup back in 2001 and was the bench boss on a pair of Canadian World Junior Championship teams.
Hey, you can go home and then run the entire show again after all.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 10
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 28
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 45
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)