Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 PM EST
Detroit Red Wings 2010 first-rounder Riley Sheahan was arrested on Oct. 29 for “superdrunk” driving, Mlive.com’s Peter J. Wallner reports.
Legally speaking, Wallner explains that this super drunkenness charge involves driving with a blood-alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit (.17 or higher).
(There’s no word on whether or not Sheahan had a super hangover the next day, however.)
Here’s the police report, via Wallner:
Sheahan, 20, was arrested and charged with driving with a blood-alcohol content of .17 or higher and providing false information after he was stopped going the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue, near Pearl Street, shortly before midnight on Monday, Oct. 29, according to Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Allen Noles.
Sheahan plead not guilty to the charge on Nov. 6. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in
prison. (Ed. note: jail, not prison.)
Wallner points out that the former Notre Dame product had an alcohol-related incident as a freshman; he was charged with public intoxication and minor alcohol consumption in 2010.
Hockey-wise, it appears that the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins have already handled the situation, at least as far as they’re concerned.
He sat out a Nov. 2 game and the team’s PR director said the team is “aware of the incident” and has been since the “beginning.”
(Mug shot via Mlive.com)
Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
Some kind of pace he’s on.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
Dropped third straight on Tuesday.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
Couple of beauties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Taking positives, despite result.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
Interesting comment to make.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Turned for the Flyers in second period, got worse from there.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
That was fast.
Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Not a big deal to him, though.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Rivalry Night starts with a bang.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
“I’m sure it’s going to be up there. It’s going to be steep.”
Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Tampa Bay-Washington game.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
“I’m not too worried about someone coming after me.”
Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
Physical defenseman was 10th overall pick in his draft class.
Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Carolina-Edmonton game.
Dec 11, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Only five others have done it before.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Petr Mrazek called up from the AHL.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
It wasn’t plywood. Come on, people.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated,” according to coach Noel.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)