Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings 2010 first-rounder Riley Sheahan was arrested on Oct. 29 for “superdrunk” driving, Mlive.com’s Peter J. Wallner reports.
Legally speaking, Wallner explains that this super drunkenness charge involves driving with a blood-alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit (.17 or higher).
(There’s no word on whether or not Sheahan had a super hangover the next day, however.)
Here’s the police report, via Wallner:
Sheahan, 20, was arrested and charged with driving with a blood-alcohol content of .17 or higher and providing false information after he was stopped going the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue, near Pearl Street, shortly before midnight on Monday, Oct. 29, according to Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Allen Noles.
Sheahan plead not guilty to the charge on Nov. 6. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in
prison. (Ed. note: jail, not prison.)
Wallner points out that the former Notre Dame product had an alcohol-related incident as a freshman; he was charged with public intoxication and minor alcohol consumption in 2010.
Hockey-wise, it appears that the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins have already handled the situation, at least as far as they’re concerned.
He sat out a Nov. 2 game and the team’s PR director said the team is “aware of the incident” and has been since the “beginning.”
(Mug shot via Mlive.com)
Mar 29, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
Both teams have depleted bluelines.
Mar 29, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Vancouver leads L.A. by three points in the Pacific Division.
Mar 29, 2015, 1:05 AM EDT
Vancouver creates breathing room in the Pacific Division.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Wild defeated the L.A. Kings 4-1.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty scored the winner.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Toronto won for just the sixth time in 34 games.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Collided with Cody Goloubef in the first period.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
He allowed two goals on nine first period shots.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Finished off a nice passing play by Jagr and Huberdeau.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Ottawa’s starter tested early.
Mar 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Pens defenseman will remain in hospital overnight.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
He appeared in eight games with Columbus this season.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
It’ll cost him $3,897.85.
Mar 28, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Detroit moves five points up on Boston in the Atlantic with the win.
Mar 28, 2015, 4:38 PM EDT
Anaheim currently has the NHL’s best record as well.
Mar 28, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
Big win for the B’s.
Mar 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The West’s first ticket gets punched.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
There’s plenty of debate about it being dirty or clean.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT
The only update so far is he’s “unlikely to return.”
Mar 28, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
A positive trend on Saturday.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)