Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 PM EST
Detroit Red Wings 2010 first-rounder Riley Sheahan was arrested on Oct. 29 for “superdrunk” driving, Mlive.com’s Peter J. Wallner reports.
Legally speaking, Wallner explains that this super drunkenness charge involves driving with a blood-alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit (.17 or higher).
(There’s no word on whether or not Sheahan had a super hangover the next day, however.)
Here’s the police report, via Wallner:
Sheahan, 20, was arrested and charged with driving with a blood-alcohol content of .17 or higher and providing false information after he was stopped going the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue, near Pearl Street, shortly before midnight on Monday, Oct. 29, according to Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Allen Noles.
Sheahan plead not guilty to the charge on Nov. 6. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in
prison. (Ed. note: jail, not prison.)
Wallner points out that the former Notre Dame product had an alcohol-related incident as a freshman; he was charged with public intoxication and minor alcohol consumption in 2010.
Hockey-wise, it appears that the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins have already handled the situation, at least as far as they’re concerned.
He sat out a Nov. 2 game and the team’s PR director said the team is “aware of the incident” and has been since the “beginning.”
(Mug shot via Mlive.com)
Dec 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
A major letdown in Sochi, followed by the Caps missing the playoffs.
Dec 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One of the best performances in international hockey history.
Dec 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Hockey mourned the loss of two of its most respected individuals.
Dec 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
It wasn’t the reason he was fired, but it sure was memorable.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
After 22 years, the Finnish Flash called it a day.
Dec 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
From down 0-3 to winning it all.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Over 105,000 descended on Ann Arbor for an unforgettable experience.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Even a disappointing Olympic finish can’t erase a star-making moment.
Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Was quite the playoff run for L.A. and its 27-year-old defenseman.
Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Check back often. It’s an all-day thing.
Dec 24, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Only Glen Sather is ahead of him.
Dec 24, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
“It’s like a little miracle down here.”
Dec 24, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The goal was initially credited to Martin St. Louis.
Dec 24, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Will he eventually earn a full-time NHL roster spot?
Dec 24, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
His stint with the Lightning was brief, but memorable.
Dec 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
Not surprisingly, the Kings feature prominently.
Dec 24, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
League rules that Jackman wasn’t expecting to be punched, “nor should he be.”
Dec 24, 2014, 1:18 PM EST
Dec 24, 2014, 12:23 PM EST
Owner Eugene Melnyk has called the potential move a “game-changer.”
Dec 24, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
“We’re seeing some of his best hockey,” Claude Julien said.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)