Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 PM EST
Detroit Red Wings 2010 first-rounder Riley Sheahan was arrested on Oct. 29 for “superdrunk” driving, Mlive.com’s Peter J. Wallner reports.
Legally speaking, Wallner explains that this super drunkenness charge involves driving with a blood-alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit (.17 or higher).
(There’s no word on whether or not Sheahan had a super hangover the next day, however.)
Here’s the police report, via Wallner:
Sheahan, 20, was arrested and charged with driving with a blood-alcohol content of .17 or higher and providing false information after he was stopped going the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue, near Pearl Street, shortly before midnight on Monday, Oct. 29, according to Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Allen Noles.
Sheahan plead not guilty to the charge on Nov. 6. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in
prison. (Ed. note: jail, not prison.)
Wallner points out that the former Notre Dame product had an alcohol-related incident as a freshman; he was charged with public intoxication and minor alcohol consumption in 2010.
Hockey-wise, it appears that the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins have already handled the situation, at least as far as they’re concerned.
He sat out a Nov. 2 game and the team’s PR director said the team is “aware of the incident” and has been since the “beginning.”
(Mug shot via Mlive.com)
Jan 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
“We know what the standings look like. That’s no secret. But we can’t make up all those points this week.”
Jan 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
We already knew he tried to use Seattle for the same purpose.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:23 PM EST
And so ends one of the most storied goaltending careers in NHL history.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:56 PM EST
Bill Peters sounds fed up.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
Defending champs are just 20-15-12 after 47 games.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:28 PM EST
After failing to find a trade partner for the 28-year-old.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
Your move, Los Angeles.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:47 AM EST
“He wants to build for the long term and he understands that there is some suffering involved.”
Jan 27, 2015, 11:43 AM EST
Bob Murray wants a defenseman, according to pretty much everyone.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:12 AM EST
The worst of the storm was saved for New England.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
Get back into the swing of things.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
“I’m still a little ways away. Hopefully I keep making the right strides.”
Jan 27, 2015, 9:41 AM EST
Update: Moving him might not be such a bad thing, really.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 AM EST
Tuesday’s snowy links.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:35 AM EST
He’ll likely start Tuesday paired with Dan Hamhuis.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Latvia could soon have another NHLer to cheer for.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
The Isles have won both meetings this season.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:25 PM EST
He’s missed 13 games recovering from surgery on his fractured left wrist.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Several players had to make alternate arrangements leaving the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Expected to play Wednesday against the Leafs
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 14
- Mike Richards clears waivers 25
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)