Nov 13, 2012, 7:20 PM EST
Detroit Red Wings 2010 first-rounder Riley Sheahan was arrested on Oct. 29 for “superdrunk” driving, Mlive.com’s Peter J. Wallner reports.
Legally speaking, Wallner explains that this super drunkenness charge involves driving with a blood-alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit (.17 or higher).
(There’s no word on whether or not Sheahan had a super hangover the next day, however.)
Here’s the police report, via Wallner:
Sheahan, 20, was arrested and charged with driving with a blood-alcohol content of .17 or higher and providing false information after he was stopped going the wrong way on Ottawa Avenue, near Pearl Street, shortly before midnight on Monday, Oct. 29, according to Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Allen Noles.
Sheahan plead not guilty to the charge on Nov. 6. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in
prison. (Ed. note: jail, not prison.)
Wallner points out that the former Notre Dame product had an alcohol-related incident as a freshman; he was charged with public intoxication and minor alcohol consumption in 2010.
Hockey-wise, it appears that the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins have already handled the situation, at least as far as they’re concerned.
He sat out a Nov. 2 game and the team’s PR director said the team is “aware of the incident” and has been since the “beginning.”
(Mug shot via Mlive.com)
Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury was busy in this one.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:11 AM EST
On a special night for one of the franchise’s greats.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:24 AM EST
This is just…sick. But awesome, too.
Mar 8, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Played nine seasons in Calgary.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Last shift came late in first period.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Goals, goals and more goals in this one.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
His first NHL start since Feb. 8.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Remember that blockbuster trade the other day?
Mar 7, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
Just keeps on going.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:04 PM EST
Happened 10 years ago Saturday.
Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Ottawa in a battle to make the playoffs.
Mar 7, 2014, 7:22 PM EST
He’s one of the top scorers for AHL Utica.
Mar 7, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
And the Stanley Cup, obviously.
Mar 7, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
He was New York’s leading scorer at the time of injury.
Mar 7, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Click for the video of the NHL’s explanation.
Mar 7, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Plus five NHL games to watch this weekend.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Mar 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Failed to “turn on the charm,” apparently.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
More praise for them on Thursday after previously calling them the best team in the NHL.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
“I thought he was real good.”
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)