Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
NHL players are still locked out, but their overseas injuries are starting to pile up.
Filppula hurt his knee on Tuesday, so the severity of the injury isn’t clear yet. Khan reports that his Finnish team Jokerit is still waiting for MRI results.
A significant injury would be a blow to both the Detroit Red Wings and Filppula, if the lockout does end.
The Red Wings need Filppula to carry momentum from the 2011-12 season where he established career-highs with 23 goals and 66 points while the 28-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (97)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)