Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
NHL players are still locked out, but their overseas injuries are starting to pile up.
Filppula hurt his knee on Tuesday, so the severity of the injury isn’t clear yet. Khan reports that his Finnish team Jokerit is still waiting for MRI results.
A significant injury would be a blow to both the Detroit Red Wings and Filppula, if the lockout does end.
The Red Wings need Filppula to carry momentum from the 2011-12 season where he established career-highs with 23 goals and 66 points while the 28-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)