Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
NHL players are still locked out, but their overseas injuries are starting to pile up.
Filppula hurt his knee on Tuesday, so the severity of the injury isn’t clear yet. Khan reports that his Finnish team Jokerit is still waiting for MRI results.
A significant injury would be a blow to both the Detroit Red Wings and Filppula, if the lockout does end.
The Red Wings need Filppula to carry momentum from the 2011-12 season where he established career-highs with 23 goals and 66 points while the 28-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (144)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)