Nov 13, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
NHL players are still locked out, but their overseas injuries are starting to pile up.
Filppula hurt his knee on Tuesday, so the severity of the injury isn’t clear yet. Khan reports that his Finnish team Jokerit is still waiting for MRI results.
A significant injury would be a blow to both the Detroit Red Wings and Filppula, if the lockout does end.
The Red Wings need Filppula to carry momentum from the 2011-12 season where he established career-highs with 23 goals and 66 points while the 28-year-old is set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)