Nov 13, 2012, 9:30 PM EST
Hope remains that the NHL and NHLPA will be able to hash things out, but if Bill Daly’s comments to Chris Botta of the Sports Business Journal are any indication, the players might need to make the next move.
“We’re done making proposals,” Daly said. “We’ll see what they want to do.”
This comes a day after Daly claimed that the players are asking for 65 percent of Hockey-Related Revenue, so the latest round of comments haven’t been particularly rosy.
The two sides did reportedly speak on Tuesday, yet formal meetings weren’t planned, so perhaps they’ll spend that free time sniping at each other some more.
(Then again, NHLPA exec Steve Fehr said a deal could be made quickly when “the moment is right,” so that’s kind of optimistic – if aggravating.)
The Sporting News’ Jesse Spector captures the current mood in light of Daly’s terse statement.
Oh joy, we're back to NHL Staring Contest Mode.—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) November 14, 2012
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)