Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
News of the signing was confirmed by Atlant head coach Alexander Smirnov, who said Tyutin would be joining the club “in the nearest future.”
Tyutin, 29, has spent the last four seasons in Columbus since being acquired from the Rangers in 2008.
He signed a whopping six-year, $27 million extension with the BJs in 2011…and, in the kind of luck seemingly only experienced by Columbus players, suffered a broken hand that cost him the final 16 games of the regular season.
Prior to that injury, Tyutin had only missed four games over the last four seasons combined.
Once the deal with Atlant is finalized, Tyutin will become the fifth Blue Jacket to sign with another club during the lockout, joining goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky (St. Petersburg, KHL), defenseman Nikita Nikitin (Omsk Avangard, KHL) and forwards Artem Anisimov (Yaroslavl Lokomotiv, KHL) and Brandon Dubinsky (Alaska Aces, ECHL).
In Atlant, Tyutin will be joined by Bruins goalie Anton Khudobin and, ironically enough, the guy he was traded for back in 2008 — Nikolai Zherdev.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)