Nov 13, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
News of the signing was confirmed by Atlant head coach Alexander Smirnov, who said Tyutin would be joining the club “in the nearest future.”
Tyutin, 29, has spent the last four seasons in Columbus since being acquired from the Rangers in 2008.
He signed a whopping six-year, $27 million extension with the BJs in 2011…and, in the kind of luck seemingly only experienced by Columbus players, suffered a broken hand that cost him the final 16 games of the regular season.
Prior to that injury, Tyutin had only missed four games over the last four seasons combined.
Once the deal with Atlant is finalized, Tyutin will become the fifth Blue Jacket to sign with another club during the lockout, joining goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky (St. Petersburg, KHL), defenseman Nikita Nikitin (Omsk Avangard, KHL) and forwards Artem Anisimov (Yaroslavl Lokomotiv, KHL) and Brandon Dubinsky (Alaska Aces, ECHL).
In Atlant, Tyutin will be joined by Bruins goalie Anton Khudobin and, ironically enough, the guy he was traded for back in 2008 — Nikolai Zherdev.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (46)