Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
Johansson will be out indefinitely with back pains, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
The Capitals organization hasn’t had the best experiences with their players going overseas lately. They’ve dealt with this injury, Alex Ovechkin threatening to stay in the KHL and the lengthy pursuit to bring prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to the NHL.
Johansson had one goal in his two games with Karlskoga after putting together a promising sophomore season (14 goals, 46 points) with Washington in 2011-12.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)