Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Johansson will be out indefinitely with back pains, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
The Capitals organization hasn’t had the best experiences with their players going overseas lately. They’ve dealt with this injury, Alex Ovechkin threatening to stay in the KHL and the lengthy pursuit to bring prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to the NHL.
Johansson had one goal in his two games with Karlskoga after putting together a promising sophomore season (14 goals, 46 points) with Washington in 2011-12.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)