Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Johansson will be out indefinitely with back pains, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
The Capitals organization hasn’t had the best experiences with their players going overseas lately. They’ve dealt with this injury, Alex Ovechkin threatening to stay in the KHL and the lengthy pursuit to bring prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to the NHL.
Johansson had one goal in his two games with Karlskoga after putting together a promising sophomore season (14 goals, 46 points) with Washington in 2011-12.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)