Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
Johansson will be out indefinitely with back pains, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
The Capitals organization hasn’t had the best experiences with their players going overseas lately. They’ve dealt with this injury, Alex Ovechkin threatening to stay in the KHL and the lengthy pursuit to bring prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to the NHL.
Johansson had one goal in his two games with Karlskoga after putting together a promising sophomore season (14 goals, 46 points) with Washington in 2011-12.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)