Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Johansson will be out indefinitely with back pains, according to Elite Prospects’ Matias Strozyk.
The Capitals organization hasn’t had the best experiences with their players going overseas lately. They’ve dealt with this injury, Alex Ovechkin threatening to stay in the KHL and the lengthy pursuit to bring prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov to the NHL.
Johansson had one goal in his two games with Karlskoga after putting together a promising sophomore season (14 goals, 46 points) with Washington in 2011-12.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)