Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
The Senators recently cautioned that they wouldn’t risk rushing Jared Cowen back from the lower-body injury that’s forced him to miss AHL Binghamton’s last eight games. Now it looks like he might not return at all in 2012-13.
Cowen will undergo surgery and TSN’s Bob McKenzie heard that the injury could cost Cowen the season. The only silver lining is that his ACL, which he previously hurt, is not the problem this time around.
Cowen had 17 points and 56 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ottawa Senators last season as a rookie.
His absence will certainly be a blow to the Ottawa Senators if the 2012-13 campaign is saved, but in the long-run he’s still a potential cornerstone of the franchise.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32