Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
The Senators recently cautioned that they wouldn’t risk rushing Jared Cowen back from the lower-body injury that’s forced him to miss AHL Binghamton’s last eight games. Now it looks like he might not return at all in 2012-13.
Cowen will undergo surgery and TSN’s Bob McKenzie heard that the injury could cost Cowen the season. The only silver lining is that his ACL, which he previously hurt, is not the problem this time around.
Cowen had 17 points and 56 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ottawa Senators last season as a rookie.
His absence will certainly be a blow to the Ottawa Senators if the 2012-13 campaign is saved, but in the long-run he’s still a potential cornerstone of the franchise.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)