Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
The Senators recently cautioned that they wouldn’t risk rushing Jared Cowen back from the lower-body injury that’s forced him to miss AHL Binghamton’s last eight games. Now it looks like he might not return at all in 2012-13.
Cowen will undergo surgery and TSN’s Bob McKenzie heard that the injury could cost Cowen the season. The only silver lining is that his ACL, which he previously hurt, is not the problem this time around.
Cowen had 17 points and 56 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ottawa Senators last season as a rookie.
His absence will certainly be a blow to the Ottawa Senators if the 2012-13 campaign is saved, but in the long-run he’s still a potential cornerstone of the franchise.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)