Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
The Senators recently cautioned that they wouldn’t risk rushing Jared Cowen back from the lower-body injury that’s forced him to miss AHL Binghamton’s last eight games. Now it looks like he might not return at all in 2012-13.
Cowen will undergo surgery and TSN’s Bob McKenzie heard that the injury could cost Cowen the season. The only silver lining is that his ACL, which he previously hurt, is not the problem this time around.
Cowen had 17 points and 56 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ottawa Senators last season as a rookie.
His absence will certainly be a blow to the Ottawa Senators if the 2012-13 campaign is saved, but in the long-run he’s still a potential cornerstone of the franchise.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22