Nov 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
The Senators recently cautioned that they wouldn’t risk rushing Jared Cowen back from the lower-body injury that’s forced him to miss AHL Binghamton’s last eight games. Now it looks like he might not return at all in 2012-13.
Cowen will undergo surgery and TSN’s Bob McKenzie heard that the injury could cost Cowen the season. The only silver lining is that his ACL, which he previously hurt, is not the problem this time around.
Cowen had 17 points and 56 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Ottawa Senators last season as a rookie.
His absence will certainly be a blow to the Ottawa Senators if the 2012-13 campaign is saved, but in the long-run he’s still a potential cornerstone of the franchise.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)