Nov 12, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Erik Condra is movin’ on up.
It sounds as though the Ottawa forward was looking for a step up in competition after (predictably) dominating at the tier three level. Condra potted eight goals in seven games with Fussen, and will now join a Riessersee team featuring New York Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro and St. Louis Blues forward Matt D’Agostini.
The 26-year-old Condra is a big get for the Bundesliga side. He posted career-highs across the board in 2011-12, appearing in all of Ottawa’s 82 games while notching 8G-17A-29PTS, finishing dead even with Jason Spezza with a plus-11 rating.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50