Nov 12, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Gunnarsson was born in Orebro and played in Sweden before heading to Toronto in 2009-10, so it’s not surprising that he would chose to head home during the lockout.
Gunnarsson is coming off of a solid season where he played primarily with Dion Phaneuf as part of the Leafs’ top defensive pairing. Gunnarsson led the Leafs in blocked shots and logged 21:42 minutes per game. He has also recorded between 15 and 20 points in each of his first three NHL campaigns.
Before the lockout, he was scheduled to make $1,250,000 in 2012-13 and become a restricted free agent this summer.
When the union and NHL finally agreed on a new CBA, Gunnarsson should resume his role as one of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ key blueliners.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:48 AM EDT
Feel free to change that to “lose.”
Mar 31, 2015, 12:22 AM EDT
The overall damage is currently unclear.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:44 PM EDT
And how good is life for the Calgary Flames?
Mar 30, 2015, 11:13 PM EDT
Chicago ran Los Angeles out of the rink on Monday.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Just a minor penalty.
Mar 30, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Tampa Bay sweeps season series vs. Montreal.
Mar 30, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
Not exactly fearing the jinx.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
He’s a trooper.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
A new wrinkle to the rivalry.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
He shakes off Saturday’s scary crash.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
Could he be ahead of schedule?
Mar 30, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Mar 30, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
L.A.’s first time back in Chicago since Game 7 of last year’s Western Conference Final.
Mar 30, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT
No more James Wisniewski.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Could be helpful in attracting and retaining free agents.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
The drive began by focusing on individuals for season ticket packages.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
“I think it’s going to come right down to the morning skate.”
Mar 30, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 30, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Flyers d-man has a lower-body injury.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
“A win tonight would be good for our team, both physically and mentally.”
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18