Nov 11, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
Veteran Los Angeles Kings forward Jarret Stoll poured out his feelings to John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor on Saturday on the heels of Friday’s less-than-optimistic lockout talks.
Ultimately, he said he felt “pretty depressed” after the NHLPA updated things via a conference call.
” … It wasn’t what we expected from two good days of bargaining and negotiating. Then, to have a day like this, guys were pretty disappointed,” Stoll said. “It’s kinda the same old story now. We’re not back to square one at all, but we’re searching and looking for a new solution, a new way – something to get some traction any way possible. It’s just not working out though, it’s just not happening. It seems like (the negotiations are) a game and that’s what’s disappointing.”
Stoll reiterated the sentiment that Donald Fehr is keeping the players more involved and informed than the previous lockout.
“We all want to play, every one wants to play,” he explained. “That’s a no-brainer. But, guys want to be involved. The last lockout wasn’t even close to this, in terms of players knowing what’s going on – being involved, being on the calls, going to New York, going to Toronto. Guys know what’s going on this time. That’s what’s very disappointing, we all realize now what’s happening.”
Stoll’s interview is brimming with bummer quotes, but there was at least a glimmer of hope.
Although he ended his thoughts with talk of what isn’t being discussed, Stoll did insist that the two sides were close and “almost there” in some areas.
Like much of the lockout, even a little positivity is better than none – even if it’s all “pretty depressing.”
Jul 1, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
End of an era in Toronto. A premier goal-scoring winger heads to Pittsburgh.
Jul 1, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Finnish forward coming off a strong first season in St. Louis.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:56 PM EDT
Jul 1, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
Steve Mason has a new backup.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
One of the prized UFA d-men, off the market.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Peter Chiarelli, making moves.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Spent last year as Marc-Andre Fleury’s No. 2 in Pittsburgh.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
Will be expected to provide a steadying presence on Colorado’s blue line.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
Former Ranger gets a nice deal on the opening day of free agency.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Big d-man sticks for one more year in the ‘Peg.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:12 PM EDT
Chuck Fletcher takes care of business early on July 1.
Jul 1, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Led all Vancouver d-men with 11 goals.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:51 AM EDT
“I really didn’t get any indications of anything negative in exit meetings.”
Jul 1, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
All the signings from what promises to be a busy day.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:41 AM EDT
One year, at $575,000.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
Once again it’s him, Jonas Hiller and Joni Ortio in goal.
Jul 1, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The 35-year-old cashes in on a productive “last chance” season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Coming off a productive season, in which he scored 14 goals in 47 games.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:38 AM EDT
“He came on to the scene with Columbus last year with maybe not a lot of fanfare, but I think he impressed people.”
Jul 1, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
Which will keep him in Anaheim through 2018.
- BREAKING: Kessel traded to the Penguins 0
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 4
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 11
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)