Nov 11, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Bobby Orr might have a few horses in the lockout race – he’s a powerful agent, after all – but it’s still worth hearing what he had to say to The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
“They have to accept that responsibility to sit down and get a deal done,” Orr said. “Shame on them if they don’t do that.”
Orr doesn’t seem to back up the notion that the league will bounce back easily from a lost season.
“How could it not hurt us?” Orr said. “I mean, there are the owners and the players, but think about some of the other people. Even the Hall of Fame, they’re being hurt by this. You go to the buildings, the restaurants and so on, the shops around them – it’s more than just the players and the owners. There’s a lot of people hurt by this lockout.”
Even with some palpable bitterness in some of his quotes, Orr thinks last week’s run of meetings indicate that there’s a chance that action might pick up again around Dec. 1.
“I think this [week] is the longest they’ve met… and I feel better about what I’m hearing now than I have the last few months,” Orr said.
May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Desperation calls for tinkering.
May 25, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
This saga isn’t quite over yet.
May 25, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Kids will learn how to hit later.
May 25, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
This sounds a bit familiar.
May 25, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
He was Philly’s coach for four years.
May 25, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Chicago and New York look to live another day.
May 25, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
His blue line experience was missed.
May 25, 2013, 2:08 AM EDT
One loss away from elimination.
May 25, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
Future of the NHL.
May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Now, that’s a toe-drag.
May 24, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Was Friday’s loss his last NHL games?
May 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Pittsburgh wins in five games.
May 24, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Bad blood, although this seemed unnecessary.
May 24, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Big developments coming out of the desert.
May 24, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Await winner of Boston-New York.
May 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
May 24, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
L.A. can move to conference final with a win over the Sharks in Game 6.
May 24, 2013, 9:19 PM EDT
Not speaking about Bobrovsky, but in general.
May 24, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
You be the judge.
May 24, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 58
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 29
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination