Nov 11, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Bobby Orr might have a few horses in the lockout race – he’s a powerful agent, after all – but it’s still worth hearing what he had to say to The Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
“They have to accept that responsibility to sit down and get a deal done,” Orr said. “Shame on them if they don’t do that.”
Orr doesn’t seem to back up the notion that the league will bounce back easily from a lost season.
“How could it not hurt us?” Orr said. “I mean, there are the owners and the players, but think about some of the other people. Even the Hall of Fame, they’re being hurt by this. You go to the buildings, the restaurants and so on, the shops around them – it’s more than just the players and the owners. There’s a lot of people hurt by this lockout.”
Even with some palpable bitterness in some of his quotes, Orr thinks last week’s run of meetings indicate that there’s a chance that action might pick up again around Dec. 1.
“I think this [week] is the longest they’ve met… and I feel better about what I’m hearing now than I have the last few months,” Orr said.
Jul 13, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The pup’s name is Gustl.
Jul 13, 2014, 4:57 PM EDT
Two interesting futures for Washington locked up.
Jul 13, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Will he make the team?
Jul 13, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He’s gifted offensively, but the blueliner needs to work on his defensive game.
Jul 13, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The highly regarded prospect spent the 2013-14 campaign adjusting to North American hockey.
Jul 13, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
But Wild GM Chuck Fletcher cautioned that it would be harder to figure out the numbers for a longer-term deal.
Jul 13, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
He was taken with the third overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
The goal is for him to make a full recovery before the start of training camp.
Jul 13, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s likely to be the AHL affiliate’s No. 1 goalie.
Jul 13, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Sunday’s slew of stories.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Taking the scenic route to development.
Jul 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
One columnist lays out the sticky situation.
Jul 12, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
He’s recovering from offseason wrist surgery.
Jul 12, 2014, 7:11 PM EDT
He was part of the Jarome Iginla trade.
Jul 12, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
He bought the team back in 1999.
Jul 12, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
The 2012 first-rounder excelled at the junior level last season.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
He’s been watching Washington for a while now.
Jul 12, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He might start the 2014-15 campaign with the Sabres.
Jul 12, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
He wants to return to the NHL.
Jul 12, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
The two share an agent.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 0
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)