Nov 11, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens prospect Blake Geoffrion was moved out of the intensive care unit at Montreal General Hospital on Sunday, according to Hockey Inside/Out’s Dave Stubbs.
Geoffrion suffered a skull fracture following a scary incident on Friday, forcing him to undergo successful surgery.
As one would expect from such a serious injury, it’s unclear how long it will take for Geoffrion to recover.
Stubbs reports that Montreal’s Bell Centre staff earned high marks for handling that situation promptly:
Canadiens head team physician and chief surgeon David Mulder, a veteran of nearly 50 years with the Canadiens family, praised the Bell Centre work of Habs head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend and of Luc LeBlanc, Rynbend’s counterpart with the Bulldogs, for their quick, efficient work on site to care for Geoffrion and get him to the Montreal General, which is world-renowned for its superb trauma care.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)