Nov 11, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens prospect Blake Geoffrion was moved out of the intensive care unit at Montreal General Hospital on Sunday, according to Hockey Inside/Out’s Dave Stubbs.
Geoffrion suffered a skull fracture following a scary incident on Friday, forcing him to undergo successful surgery.
As one would expect from such a serious injury, it’s unclear how long it will take for Geoffrion to recover.
Stubbs reports that Montreal’s Bell Centre staff earned high marks for handling that situation promptly:
Canadiens head team physician and chief surgeon David Mulder, a veteran of nearly 50 years with the Canadiens family, praised the Bell Centre work of Habs head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend and of Luc LeBlanc, Rynbend’s counterpart with the Bulldogs, for their quick, efficient work on site to care for Geoffrion and get him to the Montreal General, which is world-renowned for its superb trauma care.
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 0
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 16
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 14
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 29
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 91
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 99
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger