Nov 11, 2012, 4:19 PM EST
After saying recently that the two sides weren’t far apart, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr brought the mood down after today’s round of bargaining.
When it comes to the next round of meetings for the two sides, Fehr seemed positive they’d meet again in the near future saying he “suspects it won’t be too long” before they get together again.
It’s not all terribly negative, however, as NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Renaud Lavoie of RDS, “PA give us 17 issues on players contract last week. We have a deal, or made progress on 14 of them.”
Progress is being made in some areas but just not enough to get things settled.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 20
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)