Nov 11, 2012, 4:19 PM EST
After saying recently that the two sides weren’t far apart, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr brought the mood down after today’s round of bargaining.
When it comes to the next round of meetings for the two sides, Fehr seemed positive they’d meet again in the near future saying he “suspects it won’t be too long” before they get together again.
It’s not all terribly negative, however, as NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Renaud Lavoie of RDS, “PA give us 17 issues on players contract last week. We have a deal, or made progress on 14 of them.”
Progress is being made in some areas but just not enough to get things settled.
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 6
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 8
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 101
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 128
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (106)