Nov 11, 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
After saying recently that the two sides weren’t far apart, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr brought the mood down after today’s round of bargaining.
When it comes to the next round of meetings for the two sides, Fehr seemed positive they’d meet again in the near future saying he “suspects it won’t be too long” before they get together again.
It’s not all terribly negative, however, as NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Renaud Lavoie of RDS, “PA give us 17 issues on players contract last week. We have a deal, or made progress on 14 of them.”
Progress is being made in some areas but just not enough to get things settled.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37