Nov 11, 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
After saying recently that the two sides weren’t far apart, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr brought the mood down after today’s round of bargaining.
When it comes to the next round of meetings for the two sides, Fehr seemed positive they’d meet again in the near future saying he “suspects it won’t be too long” before they get together again.
It’s not all terribly negative, however, as NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Renaud Lavoie of RDS, “PA give us 17 issues on players contract last week. We have a deal, or made progress on 14 of them.”
Progress is being made in some areas but just not enough to get things settled.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6