Nov 11, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Apparently Donald Fehr isn’t the poor communicator some in the NHL have pegged him to be.
While many locked out NHL players have rallied to Fehr’s support, you had to wonder if the NHL guys currently playing in the AHL may have been out of the loop on negotiations. Apparently, that’s not the case.
I asked Flyers forward Brayden Schenn, currently with the team’s affiliate in Glens Falls, New York, if Fehr has been bad at communicating with the players like some on the NHL’s side have alleged.
“I totally disagree with that,” Schenn said. “He keeps the players involved, he has nothing to hide from us. We hired him. He’s not there to try and make this go on longer than possible. That’s definitely a false statement whoever started that.”
What is Fehr doing? According to Schenn, it sounds like he’s doing his job to the letter.
“He fully informs us. He comes out of the meetings and we’ve got an email an hour after. It’s not like he can lie about it either. He has Ron Hainsey and [Kevin] Westgarth and other guys who have been in on the meetings. He has nothing to hide.”
New Jersey forward Adam Henrique, currently with the Albany Devils, echoed those sentiments.
“I feel up to date. I might be a day or two behind, but as of this point where they are and all the knowledge I have of it and all the guys that are here that know, I feel we’re up to date as best as we can.”
Obviously guys playing in the AHL don’t have the time or opportunity to go sit in on meetings while they’re actually playing games and trying to win, but even in spite of all that they appear to be as in the loop as the players’ union would want their guys to be.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:28 PM EST
“Matt’s priority is to remain in Anaheim for many years to come. Hopefully we can make that happen.”
Mar 3, 2015, 11:56 AM EST
Sens are making a run in the East, but it’s still the Bruins’ spot to lose.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:06 AM EST
“Players would have to come to me.”
Mar 3, 2015, 10:55 AM EST
The other new guy, Sean Bergenheim, will play with Nino Niederreiter and Charlie Coyle.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:41 AM EST
The two squads will play again on Sunday.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
Plenty of roster spots to be filled in Buffalo after yesterday’s deadline.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:57 AM EST
Is this a sign of what they should expect to face as free agents?
Mar 3, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
This was a key win for San Jose.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:56 AM EST
Tampa Bay needs to get hot to challenge the Atlantic Division-leading Montreal Canadiens.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:23 PM EST
Kimmo Timonen and Antoine Vermette made their debuts.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:49 PM EST
San Jose beat Montreal 4-0 on Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
An impressive effort for a team going all-in.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:03 PM EST
Then again, Taylor Beck’s helper might have been better.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:14 PM EST
He’ll pair with Sergei Gonchar to start.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
Adding versatility in a tough West.
Mar 2, 2015, 6:49 PM EST
Quite a rebound from a scary lacerated arm.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:59 PM EST
“We were looking to upgrade, add more of a veteran presence.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:49 PM EST
“It’s just hard to get a deal done, and you see the prices are so high.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was it just a sellers’ market?
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)