Nov 11, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
Apparently Donald Fehr isn’t the poor communicator some in the NHL have pegged him to be.
While many locked out NHL players have rallied to Fehr’s support, you had to wonder if the NHL guys currently playing in the AHL may have been out of the loop on negotiations. Apparently, that’s not the case.
I asked Flyers forward Brayden Schenn, currently with the team’s affiliate in Glens Falls, New York, if Fehr has been bad at communicating with the players like some on the NHL’s side have alleged.
“I totally disagree with that,” Schenn said. “He keeps the players involved, he has nothing to hide from us. We hired him. He’s not there to try and make this go on longer than possible. That’s definitely a false statement whoever started that.”
What is Fehr doing? According to Schenn, it sounds like he’s doing his job to the letter.
“He fully informs us. He comes out of the meetings and we’ve got an email an hour after. It’s not like he can lie about it either. He has Ron Hainsey and [Kevin] Westgarth and other guys who have been in on the meetings. He has nothing to hide.”
New Jersey forward Adam Henrique, currently with the Albany Devils, echoed those sentiments.
“I feel up to date. I might be a day or two behind, but as of this point where they are and all the knowledge I have of it and all the guys that are here that know, I feel we’re up to date as best as we can.”
Obviously guys playing in the AHL don’t have the time or opportunity to go sit in on meetings while they’re actually playing games and trying to win, but even in spite of all that they appear to be as in the loop as the players’ union would want their guys to be.
Dec 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Dec 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
No back-to-back duty for Braden Holtby.
Dec 8, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
The team is unsure if he has a concussion.
Dec 8, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
He’s not even sure if he’s retiring, but even if he is, he doesn’t want the distraction.
Dec 8, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Los Angeles has been great during his recovery process.
Dec 8, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
Mason might not get that much, but he’s certainly in line for a big raise.
Dec 8, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
His Boston Bruins will play there on Tuesday.
Dec 8, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
Meanwhile it’s Niemi vs Harding in Minnesota.
Dec 8, 2013, 1:11 PM EST
“It was just bad in here.”
Dec 8, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
Adding to what was already a rough night for Boston and Pittsburgh.
Dec 8, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Meanwhile the Flyers will play in Ottawa on Monday.
Dec 8, 2013, 10:44 AM EST
They’re 14 points out of a playoff spot.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
They’re playing without Tyler Bozak and Dave Bolland.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
He would have preferred they talked about the rookie goalie that just got his first shutout.
Dec 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EST
Is the end coming for Jack Capuano?
Dec 8, 2013, 1:28 AM EST
This chapter in the Battle of Alberta goes to Calgary.
Dec 8, 2013, 1:05 AM EST
Three straight losses to Pacific Division giants.
Dec 8, 2013, 12:18 AM EST
Toronto outshot yet again.
Dec 7, 2013, 11:40 PM EST
Reported blow to the head.
Dec 7, 2013, 11:09 PM EST
Another dirty incident.
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 1
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 10
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 85
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 80
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (80)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)