Nov 11, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Apparently Donald Fehr isn’t the poor communicator some in the NHL have pegged him to be.
While many locked out NHL players have rallied to Fehr’s support, you had to wonder if the NHL guys currently playing in the AHL may have been out of the loop on negotiations. Apparently, that’s not the case.
I asked Flyers forward Brayden Schenn, currently with the team’s affiliate in Glens Falls, New York, if Fehr has been bad at communicating with the players like some on the NHL’s side have alleged.
“I totally disagree with that,” Schenn said. “He keeps the players involved, he has nothing to hide from us. We hired him. He’s not there to try and make this go on longer than possible. That’s definitely a false statement whoever started that.”
What is Fehr doing? According to Schenn, it sounds like he’s doing his job to the letter.
“He fully informs us. He comes out of the meetings and we’ve got an email an hour after. It’s not like he can lie about it either. He has Ron Hainsey and [Kevin] Westgarth and other guys who have been in on the meetings. He has nothing to hide.”
New Jersey forward Adam Henrique, currently with the Albany Devils, echoed those sentiments.
“I feel up to date. I might be a day or two behind, but as of this point where they are and all the knowledge I have of it and all the guys that are here that know, I feel we’re up to date as best as we can.”
Obviously guys playing in the AHL don’t have the time or opportunity to go sit in on meetings while they’re actually playing games and trying to win, but even in spite of all that they appear to be as in the loop as the players’ union would want their guys to be.
May 24, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
He has not coached since being fired by the Penguins last June.
May 24, 2015, 2:05 AM EDT
“Finally got a bounce.”
May 24, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Chicago wins another long overtime game.
May 24, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
This series heads back to California, all even.
May 24, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Double overtime? Sure, why not?
May 23, 2015, 10:54 PM EDT
Chicago had the lead. Gave it up. Tied it up again.
May 23, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Trying to get under the opposition’s skin.
May 23, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
Blackhawks and Ducks going at it.
May 23, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
But emphasized the need to remain “professional.”
May 23, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
The reaction to the big news continues to pour in.
May 23, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Anaheim can put Chicago on the brink of elimination.
May 23, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
“I have a tremendous amount of respect for Claude.”
May 23, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
He suffered an undisclosed injury in Game 3.
May 23, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
Oilers’ prospects Leon Draisaitl and Marc-Olivier Roy were among those who received 10-minute misconducts on Friday night.
May 23, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
His teammate Vladimir Sobotka is likely staying in Russia.
May 23, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
The Bolts’ starter has allowed five goals in each of his last two starts.
May 23, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
They’ll play alongside Patrick Sharp.
May 23, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
He thought the commissioner was misquoted.
May 23, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A formal announcement could come as early as next week.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 30
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)