Nov 10, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA reportedly conducted an informal lunch meeting today – Sportsnet’s Michael Grange indicates that Steve Fehr and Bill Daly were among the ranks – but nothing formal is planned for Saturday, according to Grange.
So far, there aren’t any clear plans for Sunday yet, either.
Update: ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the two sides will speak either Saturday night or Sunday morning to determine the next steps – or lack thereof.
Not much has surfaced about the state of things on Saturday beyond previous bits about leaked memos and “make whole” provisions being insufficient, so observers have settled for making jokes about the lunch bill.
To some, this is a glum development after a week of heavy discussions. Others still see the bright side that the two sides are conversing even as things grew tense.
Either way, we’ll just need to sit and wait for updates as November rambles on.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 47
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)