Nov 10, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA reportedly conducted an informal lunch meeting today – Sportsnet’s Michael Grange indicates that Steve Fehr and Bill Daly were among the ranks – but nothing formal is planned for Saturday, according to Grange.
So far, there aren’t any clear plans for Sunday yet, either.
Update: ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the two sides will speak either Saturday night or Sunday morning to determine the next steps – or lack thereof.
Not much has surfaced about the state of things on Saturday beyond previous bits about leaked memos and “make whole” provisions being insufficient, so observers have settled for making jokes about the lunch bill.
To some, this is a glum development after a week of heavy discussions. Others still see the bright side that the two sides are conversing even as things grew tense.
Either way, we’ll just need to sit and wait for updates as November rambles on.
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 0
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)