Nov 10, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin‘s boisterousness justifies his star status almost as much as his all-world sniping skills, so it makes sense that he occasionally Tweets with reckless abandon, too.
In hopes of defending NHLPA head Donald Fehr amid accusations that the exec isn’t communicating details to the players, Ovechkin called the owners’ side “clowns” and well … decipher it as you see fit.
Hahaha Whata clowns!!!....Don tell it all. Bla blah ...make a deal instead of talk about Don!—
Alex Ovechkin (@ovi8) November 10, 2012
One might assume that Ovechkin meant to say “what a bunch of clowns,” but assuming is a dangerous action when it comes to the Washington Capitals star.
If nothing else, he injected some welcome comic relief into some dour times.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury