Nov 10, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin‘s boisterousness justifies his star status almost as much as his all-world sniping skills, so it makes sense that he occasionally Tweets with reckless abandon, too.
In hopes of defending NHLPA head Donald Fehr amid accusations that the exec isn’t communicating details to the players, Ovechkin called the owners’ side “clowns” and well … decipher it as you see fit.
Hahaha Whata clowns!!!....Don tell it all. Bla blah ...make a deal instead of talk about Don!—
Alex Ovechkin (@ovi8) November 10, 2012
One might assume that Ovechkin meant to say “what a bunch of clowns,” but assuming is a dangerous action when it comes to the Washington Capitals star.
If nothing else, he injected some welcome comic relief into some dour times.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)