Nov 10, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin‘s boisterousness justifies his star status almost as much as his all-world sniping skills, so it makes sense that he occasionally Tweets with reckless abandon, too.
In hopes of defending NHLPA head Donald Fehr amid accusations that the exec isn’t communicating details to the players, Ovechkin called the owners’ side “clowns” and well … decipher it as you see fit.
Hahaha Whata clowns!!!....Don tell it all. Bla blah ...make a deal instead of talk about Don!—
Alex Ovechkin (@ovi8) November 10, 2012
One might assume that Ovechkin meant to say “what a bunch of clowns,” but assuming is a dangerous action when it comes to the Washington Capitals star.
If nothing else, he injected some welcome comic relief into some dour times.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10