Nov 10, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin‘s boisterousness justifies his star status almost as much as his all-world sniping skills, so it makes sense that he occasionally Tweets with reckless abandon, too.
In hopes of defending NHLPA head Donald Fehr amid accusations that the exec isn’t communicating details to the players, Ovechkin called the owners’ side “clowns” and well … decipher it as you see fit.
Hahaha Whata clowns!!!....Don tell it all. Bla blah ...make a deal instead of talk about Don!—
Alex Ovechkin (@ovi8) November 10, 2012
One might assume that Ovechkin meant to say “what a bunch of clowns,” but assuming is a dangerous action when it comes to the Washington Capitals star.
If nothing else, he injected some welcome comic relief into some dour times.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)