Nov 10, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Blake Geoffrion suffered a skull fracture after taking a scary hit on Friday, but a press release from the Hamilton Bulldogs indicates that his surgery went well.
Geoffrion is in stable condition and is currently in the intensive care unit.
To little surprise, he’ll be out of hockey action indefinitely. The other good news is that the medical staff expects a “complete recovery,” according to the release.
The 24-year-old forward signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Montreal Canadiens in July, hoping to become an everyday NHL player in the future. Naturally, the top priority is his overall health, though.
As Montreal Gazette reporter Dave Stubbs notes, the illustrious Habs in his family have suffered their fair share of painful injuries:
Blake Geoffrion fractures skull on Montreal ice. Great-grandpa Howie broke leg, grandpa Bernie suffered ruptured bowel at Forum #Habs—
Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs) November 10, 2012
Ruptured bowel? Yikes.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)