Nov 10, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Flyers owner Ed Snider has been described as being one of the more hawk-ish owners during this latest NHL lockout. If that’s the case, his recent comments make you wonder exactly how much of a hardliner he is.
Snider spoke to the Associated Press after the opening of his fourth refurbished hockey rink in Philadelphia and lamented that there was no NHL hockey being played.
“I’m awfully disappointed that we’re not playing hockey, but there’s not a thing I can do about it except just keep my fingers crossed and hope somehow it can come together,” Snider said.
If Snider was indeed a “hawk” when it comes to all this, it’s hard to imagine he’d say anything to the press about the lockout, never mind his feelings about the situation but here we are.
Snider’s Flyers were set to enter the season in an interesting situation after seeing Jaromir Jagr leave for Dallas and a blue line corps with many questions. That’s not even getting into the curious situation in goal with Ilya Bryzgalov being backed up by 2010 Stanley Cup finals starter Michael Leighton.
Maybe he should want to wait things out a bit.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)