Nov 10, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Flyers owner Ed Snider has been described as being one of the more hawk-ish owners during this latest NHL lockout. If that’s the case, his recent comments make you wonder exactly how much of a hardliner he is.
Snider spoke to the Associated Press after the opening of his fourth refurbished hockey rink in Philadelphia and lamented that there was no NHL hockey being played.
“I’m awfully disappointed that we’re not playing hockey, but there’s not a thing I can do about it except just keep my fingers crossed and hope somehow it can come together,” Snider said.
If Snider was indeed a “hawk” when it comes to all this, it’s hard to imagine he’d say anything to the press about the lockout, never mind his feelings about the situation but here we are.
Snider’s Flyers were set to enter the season in an interesting situation after seeing Jaromir Jagr leave for Dallas and a blue line corps with many questions. That’s not even getting into the curious situation in goal with Ilya Bryzgalov being backed up by 2010 Stanley Cup finals starter Michael Leighton.
Maybe he should want to wait things out a bit.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)