Nov 10, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Flyers owner Ed Snider has been described as being one of the more hawk-ish owners during this latest NHL lockout. If that’s the case, his recent comments make you wonder exactly how much of a hardliner he is.
Snider spoke to the Associated Press after the opening of his fourth refurbished hockey rink in Philadelphia and lamented that there was no NHL hockey being played.
“I’m awfully disappointed that we’re not playing hockey, but there’s not a thing I can do about it except just keep my fingers crossed and hope somehow it can come together,” Snider said.
If Snider was indeed a “hawk” when it comes to all this, it’s hard to imagine he’d say anything to the press about the lockout, never mind his feelings about the situation but here we are.
Snider’s Flyers were set to enter the season in an interesting situation after seeing Jaromir Jagr leave for Dallas and a blue line corps with many questions. That’s not even getting into the curious situation in goal with Ilya Bryzgalov being backed up by 2010 Stanley Cup finals starter Michael Leighton.
Maybe he should want to wait things out a bit.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (68)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)