Nov 10, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Flyers owner Ed Snider has been described as being one of the more hawk-ish owners during this latest NHL lockout. If that’s the case, his recent comments make you wonder exactly how much of a hardliner he is.
Snider spoke to the Associated Press after the opening of his fourth refurbished hockey rink in Philadelphia and lamented that there was no NHL hockey being played.
“I’m awfully disappointed that we’re not playing hockey, but there’s not a thing I can do about it except just keep my fingers crossed and hope somehow it can come together,” Snider said.
If Snider was indeed a “hawk” when it comes to all this, it’s hard to imagine he’d say anything to the press about the lockout, never mind his feelings about the situation but here we are.
Snider’s Flyers were set to enter the season in an interesting situation after seeing Jaromir Jagr leave for Dallas and a blue line corps with many questions. That’s not even getting into the curious situation in goal with Ilya Bryzgalov being backed up by 2010 Stanley Cup finals starter Michael Leighton.
Maybe he should want to wait things out a bit.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)