Nov 10, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
A lot of the talk after yesterday’s round of frustrating labor talks centered around the job NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr was doing.
Fehr was accused by the league of not relaying all the information to the players as the NHL grows more and more frustrated in dealing with him, especially after he said the owners’ “make whole” offer wasn’t good enough.
Penguins forward Craig Adams, who has been a fixture at the labor meetings, says nothing could be further from the truth as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Q: Is there any reason to believe information has been kept from players?
A: Certainly, Don didn’t relay every detail of every meeting in the (Wednesday) memo. That would be pretty long memo. If anybody is suggesting that Don’s holding information back, that’s totally untrue.
Adams’ thoughts echoed that of many other players who are in support of Fehr. The worry here is that the NHL saying this about Fehr will further embolden the players to not trust the owners. They’ve been dug in since the league’s first proposal and it seems like frustration is starting to boil over.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)