Nov 10, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
A lot of the talk after yesterday’s round of frustrating labor talks centered around the job NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr was doing.
Fehr was accused by the league of not relaying all the information to the players as the NHL grows more and more frustrated in dealing with him, especially after he said the owners’ “make whole” offer wasn’t good enough.
Penguins forward Craig Adams, who has been a fixture at the labor meetings, says nothing could be further from the truth as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Q: Is there any reason to believe information has been kept from players?
A: Certainly, Don didn’t relay every detail of every meeting in the (Wednesday) memo. That would be pretty long memo. If anybody is suggesting that Don’s holding information back, that’s totally untrue.
Adams’ thoughts echoed that of many other players who are in support of Fehr. The worry here is that the NHL saying this about Fehr will further embolden the players to not trust the owners. They’ve been dug in since the league’s first proposal and it seems like frustration is starting to boil over.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)