Nov 10, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
A lot of the talk after yesterday’s round of frustrating labor talks centered around the job NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr was doing.
Fehr was accused by the league of not relaying all the information to the players as the NHL grows more and more frustrated in dealing with him, especially after he said the owners’ “make whole” offer wasn’t good enough.
Penguins forward Craig Adams, who has been a fixture at the labor meetings, says nothing could be further from the truth as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Q: Is there any reason to believe information has been kept from players?
A: Certainly, Don didn’t relay every detail of every meeting in the (Wednesday) memo. That would be pretty long memo. If anybody is suggesting that Don’s holding information back, that’s totally untrue.
Adams’ thoughts echoed that of many other players who are in support of Fehr. The worry here is that the NHL saying this about Fehr will further embolden the players to not trust the owners. They’ve been dug in since the league’s first proposal and it seems like frustration is starting to boil over.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)