Nov 10, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
A lot of the talk after yesterday’s round of frustrating labor talks centered around the job NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr was doing.
Fehr was accused by the league of not relaying all the information to the players as the NHL grows more and more frustrated in dealing with him, especially after he said the owners’ “make whole” offer wasn’t good enough.
Penguins forward Craig Adams, who has been a fixture at the labor meetings, says nothing could be further from the truth as Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Q: Is there any reason to believe information has been kept from players?
A: Certainly, Don didn’t relay every detail of every meeting in the (Wednesday) memo. That would be pretty long memo. If anybody is suggesting that Don’s holding information back, that’s totally untrue.
Adams’ thoughts echoed that of many other players who are in support of Fehr. The worry here is that the NHL saying this about Fehr will further embolden the players to not trust the owners. They’ve been dug in since the league’s first proposal and it seems like frustration is starting to boil over.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)