Nov 9, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Former San Jose Shark and current unrestricted free agent Brad Winchester has reportedly found work, agreeing to join Finnish second division (Mestis) club TuTo.
Winchester, 31, has bounced around the NHL after being taken 35th overall by Edmonton at the 2000 Draft. He debuted with the Oilers in 2005-06 and spent two years with the club before moving to Dallas, St. Louis, Anaheim and finally San Jose, where he played last season.
The 6-foot-5, 230 pound forward posted 6G-4A-10PTS in 67 games in 2011-12, but only played in one of the Sharks’ five games during an opening round playoff loss to the Blues.
Winchester played on a one-year, $725,000 deal last year after making the team as a training camp tryout player.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6