Nov 9, 2012, 12:45 PM EST
Former San Jose Shark and current unrestricted free agent Brad Winchester has reportedly found work, agreeing to join Finnish second division (Mestis) club TuTo.
Winchester, 31, has bounced around the NHL after being taken 35th overall by Edmonton at the 2000 Draft. He debuted with the Oilers in 2005-06 and spent two years with the club before moving to Dallas, St. Louis, Anaheim and finally San Jose, where he played last season.
The 6-foot-5, 230 pound forward posted 6G-4A-10PTS in 67 games in 2011-12, but only played in one of the Sharks’ five games during an opening round playoff loss to the Blues.
Winchester played on a one-year, $725,000 deal last year after making the team as a training camp tryout player.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)