Nov 9, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
Former San Jose Shark and current unrestricted free agent Brad Winchester has reportedly found work, agreeing to join Finnish second division (Mestis) club TuTo.
Winchester, 31, has bounced around the NHL after being taken 35th overall by Edmonton at the 2000 Draft. He debuted with the Oilers in 2005-06 and spent two years with the club before moving to Dallas, St. Louis, Anaheim and finally San Jose, where he played last season.
The 6-foot-5, 230 pound forward posted 6G-4A-10PTS in 67 games in 2011-12, but only played in one of the Sharks’ five games during an opening round playoff loss to the Blues.
Winchester played on a one-year, $725,000 deal last year after making the team as a training camp tryout player.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15