Nov 9, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
The mere fact that the union and league have been meeting consistently lately has led to a renewed sense of optimism, but the NHLPA memo from executive director Donald Fehr that PHT recently obtained might have been a rude awakening for some fans.
Although there are some signs of progress, Fehr cautioned that there is still plenty of work to be done. Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal is aware of the memo, but that hasn’t stopped him from staying upbeat about the process.
“Obviously it’s not fun to hear that there’s still a lot of work to be done,” Staal said in a News & Observer report. “I think a lot of the players are very optimistic and very happy they’re talking again and working hard throughout the past three days.
“It’s still part of the process, I guess. It’s my first time through it but it’s still taking time. You can’t expect it to be done in a few days.”
Staal admitted that staying patient is “the hardest part right now,” but Staal does think things are heading in the right direction. He’s hoping for a breakthrough and an NHL season that starts in December.
Anything could happen, but that also means that it’s too early to give up hope just because there’s plenty of work to be done.
Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
Apr 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
“We know what to expect from him.”
Apr 24, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
“It’s our puck battles. It’s our willingness to play in those areas and make it a tough game. “
Apr 24, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
Kings captain will play on the top line for tonight’s elimination game.
Apr 24, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
“Since March 20, 2011, I’ve been a changed player. I’ve approached the game differently. I think differently about the game.”
Apr 24, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Mikael Granlund became only the fifth NHL player in the last 75 years to score his first career playoff goal in a 1-0 overtime game.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
3-4 month timetable for recovery.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
Seems like a good thing to write about after last night’s game in Columbus.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
His first start of the series.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
“They played hard, but for us it was more what we weren’t doing than what they were doing.”
Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Detroit hosts Boston at the Joe tonight.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Toews won it last year, Bergeron the year before that.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Would be his series debut, and first game since the Sochi Olympics.
Apr 24, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Will Andersen or Hiller start in Game 5?
Apr 24, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
“I think he likes the big stage.”
Apr 24, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Elsewhere, Detroit will play Boston and Colorado will face the Wild.
Apr 24, 2014, 1:59 AM EDT
The Blackhawks gave the Blues a taste of their own medicine.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
Another memorable moment for the American star.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
The NFL defensive back strategy.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Nice gesture … bad sign?
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)