Nov 9, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
The mere fact that the union and league have been meeting consistently lately has led to a renewed sense of optimism, but the NHLPA memo from executive director Donald Fehr that PHT recently obtained might have been a rude awakening for some fans.
Although there are some signs of progress, Fehr cautioned that there is still plenty of work to be done. Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal is aware of the memo, but that hasn’t stopped him from staying upbeat about the process.
“Obviously it’s not fun to hear that there’s still a lot of work to be done,” Staal said in a News & Observer report. “I think a lot of the players are very optimistic and very happy they’re talking again and working hard throughout the past three days.
“It’s still part of the process, I guess. It’s my first time through it but it’s still taking time. You can’t expect it to be done in a few days.”
Staal admitted that staying patient is “the hardest part right now,” but Staal does think things are heading in the right direction. He’s hoping for a breakthrough and an NHL season that starts in December.
Anything could happen, but that also means that it’s too early to give up hope just because there’s plenty of work to be done.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:06 PM EST
Making room for Andrej Sekera.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Nice work from Craig Smith and Nino Niederreiter, respectively.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:17 PM EST
The possibilities are extensive, it seems.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:55 PM EST
Giving up precious points.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:52 PM EST
Two goals on eight shots was enough to inspire a change.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:37 PM EST
He doesn’t regret signing with Toronto, though he’s welcoming the change.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:12 PM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Minnesota needs this against one of the West’s best.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:39 PM EST
In other news, it appears as though David Krejci is on LTIR.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:32 PM EST
Canucks requested the league take a closer look, but no evidence was found.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:27 PM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EST
Head coach Joel Quenneville said it’s “all news to me.”
Feb 26, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
A familiar face goes back to the Toronto organization.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:49 PM EST
Buy hey, you never know.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:39 PM EST
Bold move from Florida GM Dale Tallon.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Looking forward to playing “a better role.”
Feb 26, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Joining the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Chick Hearn and Oscar De La Hoya.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:06 PM EST
Former “CPR Line” line member is headed back to St. Louis.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:42 PM EST
A lost campaign for the veteran Sharks forward.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
“People are getting excited for mid-range players.”
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)