Nov 9, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
The mere fact that the union and league have been meeting consistently lately has led to a renewed sense of optimism, but the NHLPA memo from executive director Donald Fehr that PHT recently obtained might have been a rude awakening for some fans.
Although there are some signs of progress, Fehr cautioned that there is still plenty of work to be done. Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal is aware of the memo, but that hasn’t stopped him from staying upbeat about the process.
“Obviously it’s not fun to hear that there’s still a lot of work to be done,” Staal said in a News & Observer report. “I think a lot of the players are very optimistic and very happy they’re talking again and working hard throughout the past three days.
“It’s still part of the process, I guess. It’s my first time through it but it’s still taking time. You can’t expect it to be done in a few days.”
Staal admitted that staying patient is “the hardest part right now,” but Staal does think things are heading in the right direction. He’s hoping for a breakthrough and an NHL season that starts in December.
Anything could happen, but that also means that it’s too early to give up hope just because there’s plenty of work to be done.
Dec 20, 2013, 5:12 PM EST
“It’s just going to take time,” said general manager Don Maloney.
Dec 20, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
“The replay shows I’m trying to get out of the way.”
Dec 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
“I think last night’s game is going to stick with me for a while,” coach Todd Richards said.
Dec 20, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
The play of 19-year-old Olli Maatta has helped the Penguins keep rolling.
Dec 20, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
“We didn’t have a belief we could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt,” said a Denver DA spokesperson.
Dec 20, 2013, 3:51 PM EST
Also, Dan Girardi’s acting skills.
Dec 20, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
Leafs haven’t done well since the start of 24/7.
Dec 20, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Should be in Saturday to face Toronto.
Dec 20, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
James van Riemsdyk scored on Mike Smith… we think.
Dec 20, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
He went two years between NHL contests.
Dec 20, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger believes it’s likely.
Dec 20, 2013, 1:14 PM EST
Pittsburgh defenseman returned to practice on Friday.
Dec 20, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Will take on the Devils in Jersey.
Dec 20, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
“We have players turning right back into the defensemen when he’s already committed to the hit.”
Dec 20, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Acquired from Edmonton yesterday.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
“You want ‘em both?”
Dec 20, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Four straight solid starts for the 36-year-old veteran who fell on hard times last season.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
He’ll face the Panthers tonight.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:13 AM EST
Canucks lost 4-1 to Dallas last night.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
Meanwhile, Darryl Sutter says it shouldn’t have been a major penalty.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 13
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 23
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 4
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 62
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 63
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 31
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)