Nov 9, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
The CBA talks recessed Friday night and left NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr with “some things to consider.”
Despite some initial speculation that they might resume tonight, multiple prominent reporters, including Sportsnet’s John Shannon are saying that the talks are done for the day. On top of that, it sounds like there wasn’t a lot of progress Friday.
That’s the bad news. The good news is that it doesn’t look like the talks are on the verge of breaking down.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is willing to resume the talks after the union has completed their internal discussions, according to Canadian Press writer Chris Johnston.
Bettman is fine with meeting through the weekend if it helps and he is open to skipping the Hockey Hall of Fame inductions on Monday in order to continue the talks.
When exactly the negotiations will resume is still up in the air, but it sounds like the talks aren’t dead yet. In other words, there’s still hope that the latest round of talks will eventually bring this lockout to its conclusion.
If you want to watch Bettman’s full press conference, you can do so below:
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 9
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)