Nov 9, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
There’s “still a lot of work to do,” Donald Fehr said, according to Renaud P Lavoie, but the NHLPA’s executive director isn’t sure what the next step is.
The CBA negotiations have ended for the day and Fehr followed them up with some internal discussions. Those will continue tomorrow.
The good news is that he doesn’t think that the two sides are as far apart on the core economic issues as the NHL suggests, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
However, Fehr doesn’t like the NHL’s “make whole” proposal in its current form.
“With their make whole proposal, players won’t be able to receive every dollar of their deal,” Fehr said.
An NHL source recently suggested otherwise, but we might not have all the details.
Fehr also fought back against the recent accusation that his memo to the players didn’t fairly portray the league’s offer.
“Their proposal is in front of players who are in the room,” Fehr said.
Winnipeg Jets defenseman Ron Hainsey added that “every player is welcome in every meeting.”
Ultimately what we can take away from this is that the negotiations might be at a bit of a crossroads. However, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is willing to continue meeting and
the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston reported that the talks will probably end up resuming tomorrow.
Although both sides have made some less than encouraging statements from the perspective of a fan that simply wants the lockout to end, it’s worth remembering that a lot of progress has been made since the work stoppage began. The gap between the two sides has shrunk considerably — which would make it that much greater of a shame if the NHL and NHLPA are unable to come to an agreement before the 2012-13 season is lost.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He’s wise to be patient with Carey Price cemented in the No. 1 spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
They previously visited Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Daniel Paille still looks for work.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $950K.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)