Nov 9, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
There’s “still a lot of work to do,” Donald Fehr said, according to Renaud P Lavoie, but the NHLPA’s executive director isn’t sure what the next step is.
The CBA negotiations have ended for the day and Fehr followed them up with some internal discussions. Those will continue tomorrow.
The good news is that he doesn’t think that the two sides are as far apart on the core economic issues as the NHL suggests, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
However, Fehr doesn’t like the NHL’s “make whole” proposal in its current form.
“With their make whole proposal, players won’t be able to receive every dollar of their deal,” Fehr said.
An NHL source recently suggested otherwise, but we might not have all the details.
Fehr also fought back against the recent accusation that his memo to the players didn’t fairly portray the league’s offer.
“Their proposal is in front of players who are in the room,” Fehr said.
Winnipeg Jets defenseman Ron Hainsey added that “every player is welcome in every meeting.”
Ultimately what we can take away from this is that the negotiations might be at a bit of a crossroads. However, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is willing to continue meeting and
the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston reported that the talks will probably end up resuming tomorrow.
Although both sides have made some less than encouraging statements from the perspective of a fan that simply wants the lockout to end, it’s worth remembering that a lot of progress has been made since the work stoppage began. The gap between the two sides has shrunk considerably — which would make it that much greater of a shame if the NHL and NHLPA are unable to come to an agreement before the 2012-13 season is lost.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Tampa Bay-Washington game.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
“I’m not too worried about someone coming after me.”
Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
Physical defenseman was 10th overall pick in his draft class.
Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Carolina-Edmonton game.
Dec 11, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Only five others have done it before.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Petr Mrazek called up from the AHL.
Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
It wasn’t plywood. Come on, people.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated,” according to coach Noel.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
“This is not a full body check in which contact to the head was unavoidable,” ruled Brendan Shanahan.
Dec 11, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
Chicago is once again leading the NHL in attendance.
Dec 11, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
Tough call for Glen Sather.
Dec 11, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
All the latest from the crease…
Dec 11, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
37.1 per game, to be exact.
Dec 11, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Veteran winger might require surgery.
The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more!
Dec 11, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
Also, has John Tortorella really changed?
Dec 11, 2013, 12:41 PM EST
He’ll undergo tests when the team returns to Detroit.
Dec 11, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
No word yet if permission has been granted.
Dec 11, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
Former Devils alternate captain speaks his mind.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Leaves the AHL as its leading scorer.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
Morgan Rielly to follow?
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)