Nov 9, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
The CBA talks have broken off, but they might pick up again tonight, according to Canadian Press writer Chris Johnston.
For now, NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr has left to have a conference call with the union’s negotiating and executive committees.
Fehr didn’t offer much insight, but he did say, that the NHLPA “has some things to consider.”
Before you get too excited, Sportsnet’s Michael Grange said that there haven’t been any proposals made by either side today. However, the meeting did cover some significant areas of disagreement like the core economic issues and players’ pensions, according to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
It’s also worth noting that Fehr’s memo to the players after Thursday’s meeting suggested that there was still a lot of work to do.
On top of all that, Minneapolis Star Tribune writer Michael Russo was told that the talks did not end in a good state.
For now, it’s best not to jump to any conclusions. Unless the talks break off completely, it’s too early to give up hope on the 2012-13 campaign and until the two sides agree on a new CBA, it’s too early to rule out the worst case scenario.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)