Nov 9, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
The CBA talks have broken off, but they might pick up again tonight, according to Canadian Press writer Chris Johnston.
For now, NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr has left to have a conference call with the union’s negotiating and executive committees.
Fehr didn’t offer much insight, but he did say, that the NHLPA “has some things to consider.”
Before you get too excited, Sportsnet’s Michael Grange said that there haven’t been any proposals made by either side today. However, the meeting did cover some significant areas of disagreement like the core economic issues and players’ pensions, according to ESPN’s Katie Strang.
It’s also worth noting that Fehr’s memo to the players after Thursday’s meeting suggested that there was still a lot of work to do.
On top of all that, Minneapolis Star Tribune writer Michael Russo was told that the talks did not end in a good state.
For now, it’s best not to jump to any conclusions. Unless the talks break off completely, it’s too early to give up hope on the 2012-13 campaign and until the two sides agree on a new CBA, it’s too early to rule out the worst case scenario.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)