Nov 8, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
Today, Larry Brooks of the New York Post reports Hagelin has returned to New York for rehab.
The injury occurred in late October while Hagelin was playing for Sodertalje (SSK) in the Allsvenskan. At first, it was classified as a shoulder bruise and his timetable for return was day-to-day — but on Tuesday, Mattias Ek of Swedish news outlet Expressen reported Sodertalje team officials were concerned it was more severe than first thought.
Ek also noted the Rangers were likely to get involved in the matter, which it appears they have.
While the news sounds potentially dire, do remember all European teams are in the midst of a two week break as international play goes on. As such, several players returned to North America.
Hagelin was supposed to participate in internationla play — he was originally part of the Swedish team set to compete in the Karjala Cup — but pulled out at the last minute due to the shoulder injury.
Related: Brooks notes that, because of the lockout, Hagelin is not permitted to get rehab from the Rangers’ training staff.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 8
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 13
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)