Nov 8, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
There are plenty of players who have taken their game to Europe or the AHL during the lockout. For Steven Stamkos, a young guy not looking to go abroad and unable to play in the AHL, he’s taking his game back to junior hockey with the OHL’s Oshawa Generals.
No, he’s not there to break the rules and play in games – it’s just practice for the former 60-goal scorer as Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times shares.
“This was my first opportunity to get out there,” Stamkos said. “They’re a really good team this year, a good coaching staff, well-run practices, so it was good to get back to that practice atmosphere.”
He’s jonesin’ so bad for some hockey action he did it with a team he didn’t even play for during his days in juniors (Stamkos played for Sarnia back in the day). Stamkos has been working out with other players back in Tampa, but was seeking a change of pace.
Will he return to Oshawa at all? If the lockout persists he tells Cristodero he will.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)