Nov 8, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
The NHLPA came to the league with two offers on Wednesday. One dealt with revenue sharing and the other tackled the players’ share of revenue and the “make whole” provision.
It now looks like the NHL presented the union with a counter-proposal Thursday, according to several prominent reporters, including TSN’s Aaron Ward.
The specifics of the NHL’s latest offer are scarce, but ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reported that the NHL is now willing to increase its commitment to revenue sharing beyond the roughly $200 million that it offered a month ago. The NHL also reportedly made an offer on “systemic player contract issues.”
Obviously, until the two sides can agree to a new CBA, anything can happen, but by the same token, as long as they’re exchanging ideas, there’s hope for the 2012-13 season.
Jul 11, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
“We’re not going to finish last to try and draft people first or second.”
Jul 11, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Drafted 22nd overall.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Played for Steve Yzerman during the 2010 Olympics.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
“There was no room for negotiation.”
Jul 11, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
Six-year extension for the 28-year-old center.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Not that there was much left anyways.
Jul 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Two depth moves for San Jose.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
They also gave Rinat Valiev an entry-level contract.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
He was a hockey operations advisor for two years after ending his playing career.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Both agreed to two-way contracts after making their NHL debuts last season.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
He has a window of opportunity to agree to terms with an NHL team.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
It gives him a chance to prove himself.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
His contract is reportedly worth up to $2.5 million with bonuses.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
He’s expected to help mentor the team’s younger players.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
It was a big weakness for Dallas last season, but the additions of Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky should change that.
Jul 10, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Could this be a preview of things to come in the NHL?
Jul 10, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for July 23.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The contracts the Leafs gave David Clarkson and Mike Komisarek are decent evidence of that.
Jul 10, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Thus avoiding arbitration.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 12
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 22
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 25
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 56
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 34
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)