Nov 8, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr didn’t want to go into the specifics of Thursday’s CBA negotiating session, but the two sides are expected to meet again on Friday, according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also kept his cards close to his chest, based on ESPN’s Katie Strang’s report.
Now, here’s where things get interesting. If you’ve been following us today, then you already know that the NHLPA made the NHL two offers today.
The NHL did respond to those offers, but we don’t know exactly how they reacted. Given that the talks haven’t broken down, you could spin that into a positive sign if you wanted to, but ultimately it’s impossible to draw any conclusions from this news when we don’t know all the facts.
What we do know is that both sides are making an effort to keep these latest talks as private as possible. That might underscore their focus and determination during this stage of the process.
Either way, we’ll have to wait and see if these latest negotiations will save the season or lead to another roadblock in what has already been a long lockout.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)