Nov 8, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr didn’t want to go into the specifics of Thursday’s CBA negotiating session, but the two sides are expected to meet again on Friday, according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also kept his cards close to his chest, based on ESPN’s Katie Strang’s report.
Now, here’s where things get interesting. If you’ve been following us today, then you already know that the NHLPA made the NHL two offers today.
The NHL did respond to those offers, but we don’t know exactly how they reacted. Given that the talks haven’t broken down, you could spin that into a positive sign if you wanted to, but ultimately it’s impossible to draw any conclusions from this news when we don’t know all the facts.
What we do know is that both sides are making an effort to keep these latest talks as private as possible. That might underscore their focus and determination during this stage of the process.
Either way, we’ll have to wait and see if these latest negotiations will save the season or lead to another roadblock in what has already been a long lockout.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 14
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 9
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)