Nov 8, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
It appears relations have soured between Ilya Bryzgalov and the Russian media.
The Philadelphia Inquirer passes along word of an incident between Bryzgalov — currently playing for CSKA Moscow in the KHL — and a pool of reporters, who have been (allegedly) less than genteel in their coverage of the Flyers goalie.
After his last game, he got testy with the media. Asked about the win [a 6-2 victory over Amur Khabarovsk] Bryzgalov, according to Sportbox.ru, replied, “What do you want me to say? You’ve been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview?”
Bryzgalov was quoted as saying his wife and parents forbade him from doing interviews.
Slava Malamud of Sport-Express shared this video of the incident (translated Bryz quote: “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”)
Bryzgalov’s numbers with CSKA haven’t been good. He’s posted a 2-4 record with a 2.92 GAA and .892 save percentage (his save percentage doesn’t even put him in the league’s top 30.)
Jul 31, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Brandon Sutter next?
Jul 31, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
Went 12-15-6 with a .913 save percentage last season for Ottawa.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
But he also won’t require surgery.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
All that and more, inside.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
They’ll face off against Canada and Russia at a tournament in Toronto next week.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Acquired last season in exchange for Krys Barch.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
“We’re moving along on that.”
Jul 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
“We haven’t approached it in that respect.”
Jul 30, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
This time, it features just one plaintiff — former Bruin Jon Rohloff.
Jul 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Alternate captain notched a career-high in goals last year.
Jul 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“Usually this isn’t the time to fight for the big contract.”
Jul 30, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Jim Hiller is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Todd McLellan, Paul MacLean, and Bill Peters.
Jul 30, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Finnish club is moving to the KHL next season.
Jul 30, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Arbitration hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
After not giving him a qualifying offer.
Jul 30, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
That’s Lacroix, when he was an assistant for Tampa Bay.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Jim Hiller and Andrew Brewer join Tony Granato, who’s also new.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Jul 30, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Will this all get settled before Friday’s hearing?
Jul 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Tell us how you really feel, Brad.
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 1
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)