Nov 8, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
It appears relations have soured between Ilya Bryzgalov and the Russian media.
The Philadelphia Inquirer passes along word of an incident between Bryzgalov — currently playing for CSKA Moscow in the KHL — and a pool of reporters, who have been (allegedly) less than genteel in their coverage of the Flyers goalie.
After his last game, he got testy with the media. Asked about the win [a 6-2 victory over Amur Khabarovsk] Bryzgalov, according to Sportbox.ru, replied, “What do you want me to say? You’ve been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview?”
Bryzgalov was quoted as saying his wife and parents forbade him from doing interviews.
Slava Malamud of Sport-Express shared this video of the incident (translated Bryz quote: “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”)
Bryzgalov’s numbers with CSKA haven’t been good. He’s posted a 2-4 record with a 2.92 GAA and .892 save percentage (his save percentage doesn’t even put him in the league’s top 30.)
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)