Nov 8, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
It appears relations have soured between Ilya Bryzgalov and the Russian media.
The Philadelphia Inquirer passes along word of an incident between Bryzgalov — currently playing for CSKA Moscow in the KHL — and a pool of reporters, who have been (allegedly) less than genteel in their coverage of the Flyers goalie.
After his last game, he got testy with the media. Asked about the win [a 6-2 victory over Amur Khabarovsk] Bryzgalov, according to Sportbox.ru, replied, “What do you want me to say? You’ve been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview?”
Bryzgalov was quoted as saying his wife and parents forbade him from doing interviews.
Slava Malamud of Sport-Express shared this video of the incident (translated Bryz quote: “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”)
Bryzgalov’s numbers with CSKA haven’t been good. He’s posted a 2-4 record with a 2.92 GAA and .892 save percentage (his save percentage doesn’t even put him in the league’s top 30.)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)