Nov 8, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
It appears relations have soured between Ilya Bryzgalov and the Russian media.
The Philadelphia Inquirer passes along word of an incident between Bryzgalov — currently playing for CSKA Moscow in the KHL — and a pool of reporters, who have been (allegedly) less than genteel in their coverage of the Flyers goalie.
After his last game, he got testy with the media. Asked about the win [a 6-2 victory over Amur Khabarovsk] Bryzgalov, according to Sportbox.ru, replied, “What do you want me to say? You’ve been writing filth about me and now you are asking for an interview?”
Bryzgalov was quoted as saying his wife and parents forbade him from doing interviews.
Slava Malamud of Sport-Express shared this video of the incident (translated Bryz quote: “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”)
Bryzgalov’s numbers with CSKA haven’t been good. He’s posted a 2-4 record with a 2.92 GAA and .892 save percentage (his save percentage doesn’t even put him in the league’s top 30.)
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54